Home Open Account Help 301 users online

Passenger Trains > Sometimes You Have To Drive 140+ Miles For A Picture!!!

Date: 07/04/20 10:54
Sometimes You Have To Drive 140+ Miles For A Picture!!!
Author: Amtrak288

That was the case for me on this Independence Day 2020!  I drove out to Conneaut, OH, this is a spot along the CSX Erie West Sub (New York Central Water Level Route) that during the time around the Summer Solstice, the sun will illuminate the side of the train that faces Lake Erie!  My goal was to get this photo with the Conneaut Railroad Museum in the background (former Lake Shore & Michigan Southern/New York Central passenger depot).  In order for this to work, first, it has to be sunny, and second, the train has to be on time!  I've done this photo in the past but have run into pitfalls like the sun dipping behind a cloud 5 minutes before the train arrived or the train being late and now the sun is no longer illuminating the lake side of the train.  Well, I knew we were supposed to have sunny weather today and #48 has been doing very well with timekeeping for the most part lately so I figured with today being the 4th of July, why not take a quick road trip!  One other railfan was also there and told me that 145 was leading, so I figured that along with this being July 4th would make the photo that much more special!  Other than some trees providing some shadow (not much I can do about that) here is the end result.  More of a "photo challenge" for me to try to make this work!  What do you all think???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/20 11:03 by Amtrak288.

Date: 07/04/20 11:20
Re: Sometimes You Have To Drive 140+ Miles For A Picture!!!
Author: asheldrake

I think you nailed it !   Arlen

Date: 07/04/20 12:31
Author: texchief1

Nice shot!

Randy Lundgren

Date: 07/04/20 13:16
Author: kennbritt

Very nice. Thank you for sharing it.

Date: 07/05/20 09:44
Author: Dominick1950

Great Picture

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.042 seconds