Home Open Account Help 317 users online

Passenger Trains > AMTK 42 and AMTK 156

Date: 07/13/20 19:20
AMTK 42 and AMTK 156
Author: cchan006

Back in late April, I briefly chased Amtrak #6 with AMTK 42 leading, from Berkeley to Martinez. Thanks to those who posted heads ups when AMTK 42 was leading #5 into California.

It was in the middle of "shelter-in-place" (i.e. lockdown), but I had already chased trains earlier in the month, where I "sheltered-in-car." Just behind me at Berkeley (first clip), there was a portable hand sanitizer station, and I watched a contractor maintain it while I waited for Amtrak #6 to show up. Nice that I was able to wash my hands right away, no search, no hassle.

I drove to Martinez and got 2 more clips of Amtrak #6. Only one passenger got on, no one got off. I recall that train was near empty. I did run into a railfan with an SLR and a serious lens when I got the 3rd clip.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 07/13/20 19:30
Re: AMTK 42 and AMTK 156
Author: cchan006

Recently. I headed to Arizona (Phoenix/Tucson area) to chase some trains. After I arrived in Phoenix Thursday night, I overheard Amtrak #1 calling itself AMTK 156 talk to UP Dispatcher 42, so I gambled on seeing AMTK 156 on Amtrak #2 Saturday morning.

I headed to Cienega Bridge (Davidson Canyon, SE of Tucson near Vail) and caught Amtrak #2 there. Thankfully, Los Angeles personnel kept the consist the same as Amtrak #1 couple of days before.

That's it for the short videos and the quick report.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 07/14/20 07:19
Author: oyw

Most excellent!

Posted from Android

Date: 07/14/20 14:53
Author: atsf121

First video is making me a little homesick! Used to spend time watching trains in Martinez. I was even able to sneak over in a rental car after meetings in Concord on one of my trips back after we moved away.

Nathan

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0322 seconds