Home Open Account Help 316 users online

Passenger Trains > Amtrak Heritage #184

Date: 07/25/20 22:32
Amtrak Heritage #184
Author: atsf121

Two weeks ago I decided to get up really early and go look for comet Neowise.  I had been looking for it on my bike rides but hadn't been able to find it even though I was usually out the door before 5:30am.  I thought maybe it was too low on the horizon and behind the mountains, but it turned out it was too bright by then.  So I got up at 4am and drove around looking for a dark enough place and it didn't take long to find the comet.  No pictures, my phone camera couldn't focus.  But it was really cool to see.  I checked on the status of Amtrak #6 as I knew heritage unit #184 was leading.  It was running late enough that I was able to get a decent, almost daylight, video and pictures of it.  I've only ever seen it at night when it's headed west on #5.  So between finding lots of planets (Venus, Saturn, Jupiter), a nice moon, and a comet, and 184, it turned out to be worth the early alarm.  I did end up taking a nap later!

Nathan

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 07/26/20 06:36
Re: Amtrak Heritage #184
Author: northridgeswitcher

Thanks for taking the time to shoot and post these Amtrak videos.

Great to see Western Amtrak trains.

Northridge Switcher

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0275 seconds