Home Open Account Help 393 users online

Passenger Trains > FL Tri-Rail to resume Monday

Date: 08/02/20 07:35
FL Tri-Rail to resume Monday
Author: Lackawanna484

In advance of the storm Isias, Tri-Rail began its prep. Some crossing gates were removed, other gates were secured. No trains Saturday pm through Monday morning.

I haven't heard Florida East Coast operations, so I'm guessing they have also paused. The Stuart bridge was locked into the down position last night as the inlet was administratively closed.

Lots of storm surge into the bays and rivers, with some up to 8 feet.

Posted from Android

Date: 08/02/20 07:57
Re: FL Tri-Rail to resume Monday
Author: sums007

This storm turned out to be a real dud where I live, which is in southwest Miami-Dade.

Date: 08/02/20 08:35

sums007 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This storm turned out to be a real dud where I
> live, which is in southwest Miami-Dade.

Same here in Stuart. Lots of wind, but minimal continued rain. We have had a few torrential rain events, but not continuous. Lots of push back into private docks, low lying areas, etc.

FEC runs across many low trestles, I'm sure they will inspect before they operate.

Posted from Android

Date: 08/02/20 11:36
Author: PHall

According to the Weather Channel the storm took a slight right turn and is staying farther off the coast then was earlier predicted.

Date: 08/04/20 19:19

One of the first Monday morning Tri-Rail trains, if not the first, struck and killed a pedestrian along the tracks in West Palm Beach in the pre-dawn darkness.  Service was disrupted for three hours.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0357 seconds