Home Open Account Help 326 users online

Passenger Trains > North American Railway Stations Returns...Part 24

Date: 09/13/20 05:37
North American Railway Stations Returns...Part 24
Author: andersonb109

The series continues. Stations photographed on my recent trip will be included at the end once I get them in order.  This is Miami Central...the terminal for Brightline. I rode the train last February. It's a really nice facility. This photo is historic. Anyone know why?  You can barley see the Virgin sign to the right of the photo. I believe with Virgin pulling out, the signage has been removed. It's the only station where it was add the others retaining the Brightline name. Are the plans to move Tri-Rail and Amtrak there as well. It would be a big improvement in facilities and location for Amtrak. Perhaps someone from the area can advise. 

Date: 09/13/20 08:01
Re: North American Railway Stations Returns...Part 24
Author: agent1522

From what I have heard, Amtrak has no intention of moving into the station.  They either don't want to spend or don't have the money to make the deadhead moves between the station and facilities at Hialeah.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/20 16:41 by agent1522.

Date: 09/13/20 08:06
Author: andersonb109

So where is the new station where the platforms weren't built long enough to handle the Meteor and Star and a road crossing in the way?  Same location as the current station? 

Date: 09/13/20 08:07
Author: Lackawanna484

I haven't heard anything about Amtrak moving any business to Miami Central station. The Tri-Rail expansion into downtown seems to be on hold, too.

Posted from Android

Date: 09/13/20 08:26
Author: Lackawanna484

andersonb109 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So where is the new station where the platforms
> weren't built long enough to handle the Meteor and
> Star and a road crossing in the way?  Same
> location as the current station? 

That was the station at Miami International Airport. There are three heavy rail stations in the sprawling Miami metroplex.

Posted from Android

Date: 09/13/20 17:10
Author: MEKoch

Since Amtrak obviously wants to exit the rail passenger business in Florida, I cannot see them spending ANY money on anything.  Tri-weakly is a joke.  They will eventually sell the Hialeah station, and property to some local developer.  

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0355 seconds