Home Open Account Help 385 users online

Passenger Trains > North American Railway Stations Part 26

Date: 09/15/20 03:53
North American Railway Stations Part 26
Author: andersonb109

This is the current Milwaukee Intermodal Station serving Amtrak and Greyhound. The first replacement station for the Milwaukee Road's Everett Street Station and Northwestern's Lake Front Station, Milwaukee Union Station, opened in 1965. The current version is a modernization of that structure completed in 2007. That's the U. S. post office to the left. To answer a question from yesterday, I didn't attempt to find any evidence of Northwestern's Lake Front Station. 

Date: 09/15/20 07:47
Re: North American Railway Stations Part 26
Author: viatrainrider

A great station where I have connected from Amtrak (Indianhead) Thruway bus to Amtrak Hiawatha to Chicago and on to SW Chief to go west

Date: 09/15/20 11:03
Author: joemvcnj

I think the bus company is called Indian Trails. 

Date: 09/15/20 12:52
Author: pdt

nice and clean, but architecturally, its right up there with the current NYP.   Inside its more spacious than NYP, which is just  a low ceiling piece of crap.

Date: 09/15/20 13:25
Author: andersonb109

I see the dog on the wall. Perhaps other bus companies use the facility as well.

Date: 09/15/20 14:39
Author: mp51w

It's a personal victory for me to see Badger at the station.  I harped about it to management when I worked there back in the 1990's.

Date: 09/15/20 18:09
Author: viatrainrider

Yes, of course Indian Trails Amtrak Thruway bus from the UP to MKE.

Date: 09/15/20 19:24
Author: RuleG

mp51w Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's a personal victory for me to see Badger at
> the station.  I harped about it to management
> when I worked there back in the 1990's.

You worked for Badger Bus?  Very cool!  I rode Badger Bus several times during the year I lived in Milwaukee and the following years when I attended the University of Wisconsin in Madison.  All of my Badger Bus rides were great.

Date: 09/20/20 08:23
Author: coach

Another square, boring building.  Can we no longer build buildings with curves, arches, spires, etc.?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0614 seconds