Home Open Account Help 300 users online

Passenger Trains > Tonight's Train 8 consist through Skykomish

Date: 09/14/20 21:26
Tonight's Train 8 consist through Skykomish
Author: spohnsl

I watched the Empire Builder go through Skykomish tonight (Monday night) on the Virtual Railfan camera and it had two units and nine cars.  The final four cars appeared to be the normal  train 28 consist that normally originates in Portland as it included the Portland section lounge car behind the diner and then three additional cars.  Does anyone know the reason for this?  Thanks.

Date: 09/14/20 21:32
Re: Tonight's Train 8 consist through Skykomish
Author: spohnsl

I just went to the Western Railroads posts and I see that it was due to the Drano bridge replacement and the line opening time.  Shoulda gone there first.

Date: 09/15/20 08:25
Author: Pioneer2526

So I’m wondering are the last 4 cars dead heading and those passengers are bussed from Spokane ?

Posted from iPhone

Date: 09/15/20 19:45
Author: You999

Pioneer2526 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So I’m wondering are the last 4 cars dead
> heading and those passengers are bussed from
> Spokane ?
>
> Posted from iPhone

There was a bridge replacement on the fallbridge sub that closed the line down for 36 hours.  I guess they decided to keep the train togather and send it all to seattle so they wouldnt need to find a crew to wye the portland half and wouldn't have to find extra mechanical to daily it.  Plus it gave the passengers on that train the once in a life time trip being able to see the seattle half from a lounge car.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0267 seconds