Home Open Account Help 326 users online

Passenger Trains > North American Railway Stations Part 28

Date: 09/17/20 03:34
North American Railway Stations Part 28
Author: andersonb109

Staying with the Milwaukee Road, this is their station in Missoula, MT. It now houses the Boone and Crockett Club who lease the second floor to the University of Montana. There are stairs to the top of the tower for a nice view. The area where the tracks were are part of an extensive walking/biking path on the former right of way. We had a tour as Missoula was a stop over on an AAPRCO Convention Train a few years back. 

Date: 09/17/20 04:52
Re: North American Railway Stations Part 28
Author: ghCBNS

Thanks for posting.

Any Canadian or Mexican Station photos to post or is this just North American Railway Stations?

Date: 09/17/20 04:57
Author: Chessie1963

Well, Canada and Mexico are part of North America, so we can hope we get a few ot them!  :-)

Love this feature on the site right now.  Thanks for the posts!

ghCBNS Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks for posting.
>
> Any Canadian or Mexican Station photos to post or
> is this just North American Railway Stations?

Date: 09/17/20 05:56
Author: andersonb109

Sadly none in Mexico. I've only been to Mexico once and didn't encounter any stations of interest.  I have two Canadian's but they fall at the end of the alphabet so will turn up at the end of the series.. Remember I have way more station photos but they preceded digital and I never bothered to scan them. I print them all all have them in albums. In Canada those include:  Montreal Windsor. Winnipeg both CN and CP, and Vancouver CP. I think one or two others were posted in the "where is it series" earlier this year including Toronto CP. 

Date: 09/17/20 10:05
Author: alally8444

The Milwaukee was a very well-built railroad, of which this station is an example. Even relatively remote places like Missoula got impressively designed stations. Its ROW through Eastern WA has some beautiful concrete arched bridges, which today serve only an extremely well engineered bike path.

Date: 09/17/20 10:28
Author: SpeederDriver

Ferromex.  I think maybe the name of the town is Mogotabo, in the Copper Canyon,

Date: 09/18/20 07:08
Author: wirelessenabled

alally8444 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Milwaukee was a very well-built railroad, of
> which this station is an example. Even relatively
> remote places like Missoula got impressively
> designed stations. Its ROW through Eastern WA has
> some beautiful concrete arched bridges, which
> today serve only an extremely well engineered bike
> path.

For those of us who live in the West...

Missoula is not a remote place, it is a metropolis!

Date: 09/19/20 23:02
Author: jeffgeldner

Muchas gracias estimado senor! Slides I have are in storage but perhaps others might have their own images to share. Some of the more historic Mexican train stations include Veracruz, Puebla, Oaxaca, Merida, Aguascalientes,- to name a few... 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0466 seconds