Home Open Account Help 292 users online

Passenger Trains > New Vantage Point Opens In Seattle

Date: 09/21/20 23:51
New Vantage Point Opens In Seattle
Author: walstib

The new Lander Staeet overpass south of downtown Seattle is now open for bicycle and pedestrian traffic. I hiked up there this evening for a look around, catching a pair of Sounder commuter trains during the 6 o'clock hour

Shooting southbound trains from the protected pedestrian path on the north side of the bridge is relatively easy. But on the south side, there's no pedestrian path, just a narrow shoulder next to the traffic lane.

Both sides have a green, metal mesh fence over the tracks. It's not ideal for photography, but it's not as bad as some fencing I've seen.

Happy shooting.

Date: 09/22/20 00:04
Re: New Vantage Point Opens In Seattle
Author: TAW

walstib Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The new Lander Staeet overpass south of downtown
> Seattle is now open for bicycle and pedestrian
> traffic.

Check another off the list. Good things sometimes come to those who wait...long enough.

TAW

Date: 09/22/20 09:37
Author: Macster

You've only been waiting 10+ years....

Shame James and Smith Streets were never done...

TAW Wrote:
> walstib Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The new Lander Staeet overpass south of
> downtown
> > Seattle is now open for bicycle and pedestrian
> > traffic.
>
> Check another off the list. Good things sometimes
> come to those who wait...long enough.
>
> TAW

Date: 09/23/20 20:56
Author: KEL27

James might still be on the list. It was in the latest poll information pack the City of Kent would like to see made in the future. I guess they've given up on Smith and Willis. 212th is also still in the mix.

Date: 09/24/20 07:55
Author: TAW

KEL27 Wrote:
> James might still be on the list. It was in the
> latest poll information pack the City of Kent
> would like to see made in the future. I guess
> they've given up on Smith and Willis. 212th is
> also still in the mix.

There was a grade separation program in the 90s. I don't remember the name it was given, but it was the predecessor to 'Bridging the Valley' in Spokane. The intent was eliminating the crossings between Tukwila and Auburn. Several were done. There were two for Kent, if I remember correctly. Of course, the deal included closing crossings and replacing them with grade separations or...what's the point? Then there was Kent. Nope, we get two grade separations...AND we get to keep the four crossings too.  Beneficiaries generally don't get to set terms and Kent was such a beneficiary. They didn't get to set the terms and they didn't get the grade separations.

TAW

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0444 seconds