Home Open Account Help 249 users online

Passenger Trains > Adirondack Railroad Publicity Run

Date: 10/09/20 13:47
Adirondack Railroad Publicity Run
Author: ut-1

Adirondack Railroad's entire season was cancelled due to COVID-19.

However, on Oct 8th the railroad ran a non-revenue train Utica-Thendara to take photos for their 2021 marketing effort and to test their newly acquired dome car (ex-UP built 1955) and diner (ex-NY Central, built 1948, donated by Amtrak). This was the first run on the Adirondack for the dome & diner.

We catch the short train in Ottter Lake, NY.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/20 16:00 by ut-1.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 10/09/20 15:00
Re: Adirondack Railroad Publicity Run
Author: RevRandy

Great video - thanks!

Brings back memories of the late 1940s/early 1950s, visiting family friends with a camp on the island in Otter Lake.  Hearnig the steamers climbing the hill in the night. Watching the mail bags drop and the grab from the pole at the station (post office, plus a small general store, at the station). NY State summer music camp across route 12 from the station.  It was a different world back then, but re-awakend with the scenes from the video.

Date: 10/09/20 22:37
Author: RRBaron

ut-1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Adirondack Railroad's entire season was cancelled
> due to COVID-19. However, on Oct 8th the railroad ran a non-revenue
> train Utica-Thendara to take photos for their 2021 marketing effort 

Rather optimistic I fear. Dr. Fachi said maybe Summer 2021; Mayo Clinic suggests 2021 as a end-point. I certainly hope not, but I have gotten a life-time of honey-dos done, a commissioned painting done and I've finally begun my layout. 

Date: 10/10/20 06:19
Author: SpeederDriver

>>>Brings back memories of the late 1940s/early 1950s,

Me, too!  GCT to Sabattis for summer camp at Long Lake.  Pullman sleeper, very early arrival, like maybe 5:30,am.  If I recall correctly, the train was part of the LSL to Utica.  Maybe pulled by lightning striped RS3s.  

Date: 10/10/20 18:46
Author: gaspeamtrak

Great catch ! :) thank you for sharing this with us !!! :):):)

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0373 seconds