Home Open Account Help 244 users online

Passenger Trains > Auto-Train 53(12)


Date: 10/12/20 17:20
Auto-Train 53(12)
Author: Lackawanna484

My sister reports the sb train left Lorton at 7 pm, about four hours after it arrived. In my experience, that's a very good recovery by Amtrak's people.

The train has 33 cars, of which 14 are passenger cars, and 19 auto carriers. Two locomotives.

255 passengers, 162 in sleepers and 90 in coaches.

The train has passed Fredericksburg VA and is now traveling at 64 mph

Posted from Android


ETA 15 on board staff plus conductors and engineers. C&E change at Florence SC.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/20 17:36 by Lackawanna484.



Date: 10/12/20 23:17
Re: Auto-Train 53(12)
Author: RRBaron

Just picked-up my sleeper tickets to Winterail 2020/2021 next March...Saturday will be the original 2020 shows and Sunday will be the new 2021 shows. IF things get much better. Vic Neves is sure a trooper! 



Date: 10/13/20 04:59
Re: Auto-Train 53(12)
Author: Lackawanna484

Train is reported 7.5 hours late, still in Florence SC at a few minutes before 8 am.

My sister says the train was blocked by a broken down freight train for hours.

AC and light are functioning.

Posted from Android



Date: 10/13/20 05:55
Re: Auto-Train 53(12)
Author: RevRandy

Lackawanna484 Wrote:  (in part)
-------------------------------------------------------
> Train is reported 7.5 hours late, still in
> Florence SC at a few minutes before 8 am.
>
> My sister says the train was blocked by a broken
> down freight train for hours.
>
Freight train trespasser incident in the Ettrick VA area  (north of the Petersburg station)

https://richmond.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/pedestrian-killed-by-train-in-chesterfield/article_c8d1c600-5c53-5110-829a-92a9c49a0e15.html



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/20 05:57 by RevRandy.



Date: 10/13/20 06:33
Re: Auto-Train 53(12)
Author: RayH

"Great" headline for newspaper article... "pedestrian". As if the train left the tracks and mowed this guy down on a sidewalk...

Considered going out and shooting this train today (and waving to your sister).

I usually try to shoot any late FloriDUH trains in SC, but it's gotten very foggy in CHS now. There will be other opportunities to shoot the AT in daylight...



Date: 10/13/20 07:32
Re: Auto-Train 53(12)
Author: Lackawanna484

Thanks for the updated info, and weather update.

Posted from Android



Date: 10/13/20 08:01
Re: Auto-Train 53(12)
Author: jp1822

Lackawanna484 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My sister reports the sb train left Lorton at 7
> pm, about four hours after it arrived. In my
> experience, that's a very good recovery by
> Amtrak's people.
>
> The train has 33 cars, of which 14 are passenger
> cars, and 19 auto carriers. Two locomotives.
>
> 255 passengers, 162 in sleepers and 90 in
> coaches.
>
> The train has passed Fredericksburg VA and is now
> traveling at 64 mph
>
> Posted from Android
>
>
> ETA 15 on board staff plus conductors and
> engineers. C&E change at Florence SC.

Amtrak often says that the Auto Train comes close to "turning a profit." And take a look at those passenger distribution counts, and the allocation that the Auto Train gives to sleeper cars and coach cars. Auto Train continues to operate the most sleepers per ANY long distance train. It goes after the high-end sleeper car revenue!!! It's also the only train that's operting with "Deluxe Sleepers" - all bedroom sleepers on the upper deck!



Date: 10/13/20 09:21
Re: Auto-Train 53(12)
Author: retcsxcfm

RRBaron Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just picked-up my sleeper tickets to Winterail
> 2020/2021 next March...Saturday will be the
> original 2020 shows and Sunday will be the new
> 2021 shows. IF things get much better. Vic Neves
> is sure a trooper! 

Strange reply for a post about the AT.what does Winter
rail have to do with it?
Uncle Joe



Date: 10/13/20 13:16
Re: Auto-Train 53(12)
Author: Lackawanna484

Passengers have been told the current arrival time at Sanford is 5.45. The train is now past Jacksonville.

Posted from Android



Date: 10/13/20 15:26
Re: Auto-Train 53(12)
Author: Lackawanna484

Currently, the train is 10.5 hours late. Expected to arrive about 7.30 pm.

Lots of hungry, unhappy passengers. I can't imagine The OBS team is happy, they must be exhausted.

The train stopped for a while for a crew change. I believe four crews were needed on this trip.

Posted from Android



[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0496 seconds