Home Open Account Help 318 users online

Passenger Trains > Late 8 into Chicago

Date: 10/19/20 19:05
Late 8 into Chicago
Author: sethamtrak

After going to see Norm's Tioga Pass, I made the long drive back home for dinner then decided to head out to see the tardy 8. Earlier in the day near Wisconsin Dells, CP train 470 had a locked axle. The Car Dept had to make a visit to the train and make on-site repairs. Number 8 sat for 4 hours while this occurred. At least the engineer was in good spirits as they passed through Morton Grove. The train is going slow because it is behind a Metra all the way from Rondout to CUS making all stops..........

This is a prime example of what will become a regular issue. 8 is late and 30 is already long gone, along with 383, 370 and 307. Gonna have to get comfy at a hotel or get a refund and take the Blue Line to O'hare and fly. 8 arrived minutes before the gates closed on 59. They made 48 at 21:30. 

You would think that Amtrak would have a better grasp of the situation, or is this part of the plan to drive down passenger traffic and find a reason to kill the long distance trains all together? Perhaps we are on the final few cuts of death by 1,000 cuts. 

Seth- 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/20 19:08 by sethamtrak.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 10/19/20 19:10
Re: Late 8 into Chicago
Author: ProAmtrak

Cool video of No. 8 and yeah, if something like the locked axle occurs, what can you do though, when I rode No. 3 back in 15 on my way to my Great Uncles Funeral one lady sat in front of me in the lounge car when I was finishing my morning reading saying Amtrak needs to be sued, I told her, can you control the weather? because that time 3 was very late no thanks to flooding!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0478 seconds