Home Open Account Help 207 users online

Passenger Trains > Amtrak Finally Updates LDT pdf Timetables

Date: 10/22/20 07:48
Amtrak Finally Updates LDT pdf Timetables
Author: milepost20

I don't believe this has been reported yet but Amtrak now has online pdf timetables of
its long distance trains reflecting the days of the week that they now operate.  Among
the state sponsered services only the Capitol Corridor and Surfliner schedules appear
to be up to date.

https://www.amtrak.com/train-schedules-timetables

Date: 10/22/20 08:50
Re: Amtrak Finally Updates LDT pdf Timetables
Author: tq-07fan

WOW! I am surprised that Amtrak allowed someone the time to put these together and I am glad they did. Thank you for posting.

Jim

Date: 10/22/20 11:50
Author: DevalDragon

Well, this is better than nothing. Any timetable uploaded after October 1st seems to work.

Anything older still shows that useless "Service Adjustments Due to Coronavirus" page, including all the 403b trains.

Date: 10/22/20 13:54
Author: FloridaTrainGuy

I notice that they still have baggage service listed at Boston and Springfield even though they removed the baggage car from the LSL.  Also the cafe symbol is listed for the New York section and not the Boston leg.  So whoever did these wasn't concerned with details unless they actually made these unverified changes.

Date: 10/23/20 08:58
Author: jp1822

Interesting choice of words - FINALLY - on the timetables if you ask me.

"Private Rooms"

I think this adequately described that these could be "day rooms" or "evening bedrooms." It provokes a more neutral decription/verbiage. Amtrak is trying to sell these as a COVID-19 "safe" option I believe. And this is where the higher revenue $$$ is. 

Date: 10/23/20 22:08
Author: filmteknik

58/59 City of New Orleans makes no mention of bustitution at Homewood.  It still shows the stop without mentioning when the bus leaves to meet the southbound at Kankakee.

Date: 10/24/20 02:46
Author: mundo

A long ways to go to be correct.

Days of operation was changed, but not much of anything else.

Date: 10/24/20 10:58
Author: jp1822

mundo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A long ways to go to be correct.
>
> Days of operation was changed, but not much of
> anything else.

- Food service re-defined
- no more listing as to whether you get Superliners or Viewliners
- no more reference to Superliner Sightseer Lounge or Viewliner Sleeper Lounge
- change of names from bedroom to private rooms
- etc. 

There's a lot of little changes that are indicative of bigger items of change, particularly in the food service category. I mean coach passengers have to endure with hot dogs, hamburgers, mac & cheese, or pizza for lunch/dinner. They don't even get the option of fresh sandwiches (turkey, ham etc,) any more. Coach passengers to the Cafe Car, and those with private rooms get flex dining "somewhere." 

Many here are complaining about the flex dining and what sleeper car passengers get for food - have you SEEN and EXPERIENCED what COACH passengers now have to deal with? Better yet, I know some have been on the rails to experience Amtrak in post-COVID world, but those that haven't - you really need to and then comment when talking about "services." 

Date: 10/25/20 03:12
Author: Shortline

filmteknik Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 58/59 City of New Orleans makes no mention of
> bustitution at Homewood.  It still shows the stop
> without mentioning when the bus leaves to meet the
> southbound at Kankakee.

What bustitution? I'm going SAC-CHI, then CHI-NOL later this week, there is a portion that's on a bus??

Date: 10/25/20 07:29
Author: mundo

Homewood has station and track work, that does not allow a station stop.  You are Ok on a CHI-NOL trip.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0415 seconds