Home Open Account Help 335 users online

Passenger Trains > A View Of Buffalo-Exchange St Station - At Night!

Date: 11/14/20 21:13
A View Of Buffalo-Exchange St Station - At Night!
Author: Amtrak288

With the opening of the new Exchange Street Station and my living here in Western NY I needed to see this place for myself so I headed over there on Friday and after seeing TO Member MButte's photos last week, I came up with the idea of doing a night photo here.  I figured a good spot would be from the parking garage across the street, so I brought my camera gear and tripod up to the top floor and set up everything for the photo.  I wanted to make sure there was a train in the photo so I came back for Empire Service Train #281.  This is a Manual HDR image like I normally do, as I wanted to create an image that looked basically the way our eyes would see it.  Questions/comments welcome!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/20 21:14 by Amtrak288.

Date: 11/14/20 21:30
Re: A View Of Buffalo-Exchange St Station - At Night!
Author: SP4360

Nicely done.

Date: 11/14/20 22:43
Author: WP17

Excellent

Date: 11/15/20 03:22
Author: mundo

Thanks for the night photo.  Well done.

Date: 11/15/20 05:57
Author: RuleG

The different perspective in your wonderful photo is appreciated.  Thanks for sharing.

Date: 11/15/20 06:54
Author: RevRandy

This photo is so beautiful in so many ways.  It brings out some of the architectural features in a different way than a day shot would - the arched windows, the clock, the pavement patterns (the simulation of tracks and plaforms there) etc.

While the cars rush by in their frenetic journeys, something timeless and constant stands ready to transport travelers in a more stately manner. 

To me, the photo embodies the spirit of a depot that is inviting, filled with departure possibilities and arrival joys.  A place where any journey might begin or end in style, warmth, comfort, safety, 

Well done. 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/20 06:56 by RevRandy.

Date: 11/15/20 07:11
Author: CP8888

This station looks similar to the new one in Schenectady

Posted from Android

Date: 11/15/20 07:53
Author: atsf121

Very nice!

Posted from iPhone

Date: 11/15/20 08:36
Author: IC_2024

Awesome — looks like one of the “O” scale buildings you can buy at Menards around Christmas time!

Date: 11/15/20 09:07
Author: jp1822

CP8888 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This station looks similar to the new one in
> Schenectady
>
> Posted from Android

I think they are going for a similar "look" in the refurbishment in any of upstate NY stations. Looks "NY Central-ish."

Date: 11/15/20 09:26
Author: 8notch

Great lighting looks awesome. 

Date: 11/15/20 10:15
Author: Dominick1950

Beautiful pic

Date: 11/15/20 10:49
Author: symph1

Really beautiful. Perfect framing, perfect exposure. Congratulations.

Date: 11/15/20 10:50
Author: Latebeans

A very nice piece of work.  I am surprised that I have seen no negative comment on the new station. There must be something that's dreadfully deficient.  Come on humbuggers step up to the plate.  The TO Passenger board has a tradition to uphold.

Date: 11/15/20 11:17
Author: Amtrak288

First, Thank you everyone for your comments!  These photos are not easy to do because of the amount of work that needs to be done in Photoshop to get this result, this pic took about 4 hours to complete, but this is also my favorite kind of photography and being the Amtrak fan I am, it was time well spent!  The station itself is very nice actually, and not only is the station itself very well set up, there is also a lighted walkway complete with benches that leads you to Washington Street and then continues to Main Street.  There is also signage leading you to Metro Rail (Buffalo's light-rail system) as well.  The station is located within walking distance of two Marriott-branded hotels, the Key Bank Center (where the Buffalo Sabres play), Sahlen Field (where the Buffalo Bisons AAA Baseball team plays) as well as all the attractions at Canalside (where the Erie Canal originally ended).  Downtown Buffalo is making a comeback and this station compliments all the other things that are happening here!

Date: 11/16/20 01:41
Author: mp51w

The angled brick pattern in the sidewalk is a nice touch!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0533 seconds