Home Open Account Help 156 users online

Passenger Trains > 2 articles on subway violence.......

Date: 11/22/20 05:59
2 articles on subway violence.......
Author: goneon66

Date: 11/22/20 06:58
Re: 2 articles on subway violence.......
Author: pdt

While u may find this interesting,  I believe this is an article about violence, not about Railroads   It just happens to have happened whre a railroad is located.

I really dont think it is apprepriate here.

As someone who lived in NYC for quite a few years, its not for everyone.  As with any big city, where too many people are in one area, there is violence.  Its not acceptable, and yes, I think people feeling and being safe is of the utmost importance,  but, unfortunately, rather than attending to the problem, it is politicized to further some other agenda.
Do you find this violence  threatening, even tho its 3000 miles from where u live.  If u feel threatened, in general, because u feel  that u are an easy target for criminal or violent behavior,  just say so.  You may find that acknowledging your weaknesses helps u deal with them. 

This is not supposed to be the personal issues board, but frequently is.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/20 07:37 by pdt.

Date: 11/22/20 07:55
Author: robj

pdt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> While u may find this interesting,  I believe
> this is an article about violence, not about
> Railroads   It just happens to have happened whre
> a railroad is located.
>
> I really dont think it is apprepriate here.
>
> As someone who lived in NYC for quite a few years,
> its not for everyone.  As with any big city,
> where too many people are in one area, there is
> violence.  Its not acceptable, and yes, I think
> people feeling and being safe is of the utmost
> importance,  but, unfortunately, rather than
> attending to the problem, it is politicized to
> further some other agenda.
> Do you find this violence  threatening, even tho
> its 3000 miles from where u live.  If u feel
> threatened, in general, because u feel  that u
> are an easy target for criminal or violent
> behavior,  just say so.  You may find that
> acknowledging your weaknesses helps u deal with
> them. 
>
> This is not supposed to be the personal issues
> board, but frequently is.

Well first there is/has been limited activity on Passenger Board as the LD conspiracy theories and angst about covid travelling, lousy meals articles have subsided.
Second, the topic is subway violence, if anyone feels that is inappropriate they are free to pass it by.  I like valid subject lines as opposed to something like "new of the day"
Third, I hear they are censor jobs open on twitter and facebook.

Bob

Date: 11/22/20 09:00
Author: jst3751

pdt Wrote:
> While u may find this interesting,  I believe
> this is an article about violence, not about
> Railroads   It just happens to have happened whre
> a railroad is located.
>
> I really dont think it is apprepriate here.
>
> As someone who lived in NYC for quite a few years,
> its not for everyone.  As with any big city,
> where too many people are in one area, there is
> violence.  Its not acceptable, and yes, I think
> people feeling and being safe is of the utmost
> importance,  but, unfortunately, rather than
> attending to the problem, it is politicized to
> further some other agenda.
> Do you find this violence  threatening, even tho
> its 3000 miles from where u live.  If u feel
> threatened, in general, because u feel  that u
> are an easy target for criminal or violent
> behavior,  just say so.  You may find that
> acknowledging your weaknesses helps u deal with
> them. 
>
> This is not supposed to be the personal issues
> board, but frequently is.

You come on here complaining about others, yet instead of just passing on by, you post with a general inclusion of spelling errors, punctuation mistakes and general poor form.

Date: 11/22/20 09:37
Author: Passfanatic

As a resident of the NYC area forever, I have been been following these subway violence stories. Sadly, the covid times are like a return of the 80's and 90's in the NYC subway system, even in the more safer parts of the city. Because Manhattan has been on temporary halt(several companies asking their employees to work remotely as well as businesses closing), more criminals are using the subway as a method of hiding grounds when commiting their crimes and trying to get away with it. Right now, I am staying away from not only riding the subways but just the city period. Likely in 2021, I will resume my trips there. Covid numbers are rising again and will get worst before they get better. A vaccine is weeks away but will, at first, likely be available to the at risk groups like elderly and health professionals. I'd say this Spring, the rest of the population will be able to get it.

Date: 11/22/20 10:20
Author: joemvcnj

The random, pushing incidents during the day are the scariest, and there has been at least one over the past week by a deranged homeless vagrant. I am not headed to the city until late Spring at the earliest. 

Date: 11/22/20 10:29
Author: Passfanatic

I think probably this Spring is when I will step foot in NYC again. It's possible before then, I may take an Amtrak ride to Connecticut but if I do, I will probably either catch Amtrak in Newark, NJ or take a NJT to NYP and connect to Amtrak there. I am not stepping foot in the subway system anytime for several months. Even in better times, when I am going to Midtown, even to connect lets say from a NJT train to Metro North, I will walk across. I often don't waste the metrocard care just to travel a mile or less if I can help it. If I am traveling from Midtown to Brooklyn, then that's a different story. I have family friends who live in Riverdale in the Bronx. I don't have to take the subway to get there when going through Manhattan. I'd much rather take Metro North. They live almost midway between Spuyten Duyvil and Riverdale stations, but along the Henry Hudson Parkway. The 1 train is a bit of a walk but MNR is a little closer but still a pretty long walk.

Date: 11/22/20 16:37
Author: choodude

After your last scare article, I did the math for crime rate and concluded that for my families safety I needed to IMMEDIATELY move from my very rural, 97% white, heavily Republican, You Betcha Real Americans Only area to the New York City Subway, since it was far less likely that we would be a victim of crime there.

I lost count of how many Years of Zero crime it would take to make the 5 million rider statistic that your article published, but just one little town in the county has already had several violent crimes this year

Brian

Still looking out for that meteorite strike.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/20 16:39 by choodude.

Date: 11/22/20 16:41
Author: livesteamer

Real simple: put the blame on the right place ...DeBasio and his progressive ilk who are willing to "hamstring" our men and women in blue who protect us every single day.  I have no plans to ever step foot in NYC until we see a return to "law and order"

Marty Harrison
Knob Noster, MO

Date: 11/22/20 17:47
Author: RuleG

livesteamer Wrote:
> Real simple: put the blame on the right place
> ...DeBasio and his progressive ilk who are willing
> to "hamstring" our men and women in blue who
> protect us every single day.  I have no plans to
> ever step foot in NYC until we see a return to
> "law and order"

Hey, pal, wanna dial back the attitude a bit?  Between 2019 and 2020 Fort Worth, TX experienced the same increase in murders as New York City did.  As Fort Worth's mayor is Republican, maybe there are other factors at play than a mayor's politics.

Additionally, murder rate data shows that St. Louis, in your home state, has higher murder rates than New York City. 

Date: 11/22/20 18:27
Author: livesteamer

St Louis is democrat stronghold in an otherwise red state

Posted from Android

Marty Harrison
Knob Noster, MO

Date: 11/22/20 20:06
Author: dan

violence has been up everywhere as reaction to covid, trump, police incident in the twin cities, response has been muted jails have covid outbrakes, so early releases, few arrests, perfect storm

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0593 seconds