Home Open Account Help 308 users online

Passenger Trains > Viewliner II Sleepers

Date: 01/15/21 18:53
Viewliner II Sleepers
Author: fulham

I have seen on the Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forums that V-II's have been showing up on the Silver Meteor.  Can anyone confirm this and does anyone know what the next LD train to get them will be (LSL, Crecent, Cardinal).  

Thanks

Date: 01/17/21 12:13
Re: Viewliner II Sleepers
Author: lordsigma

They are running on both silvers usually in the third position (XX12 car.)

Posted from iPhone

Date: 01/17/21 14:18
Author: jp1822

lordsigma Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They are running on both silvers usually in the
> third position (XX12 car.)
>
> Posted from iPhone

There was a video of the NEW Viewliner II's heading to Florida the other day and xx12 car was a VIewliner I sleeper, not a Viewliner II sleeper. I kinda think of the Silver Meteor/Star as one train now since they share the same equipment. 

Amtrak has 25 new Viewliner II Sleepers coming, meanwhile requirement right now for Viewliner Sleepers on a triweekly basis is close to:

Lake Shore - 2 train sets x 2 Viewliner Sleepers (NY and Boston) each = 4
Cardinal - 2 train sets x 1 Viewliner Sleeper each = 2
Crescent - 2 train sets x 2 Viewliner Sleeper each (generously = 4
Silver Meteor/Star - 4 train sets x 3 Sleepers = 12

22 Viewliner Sleepers needed for service. The ENTIRE Viewliner II Sleeper order/fleet could be used to outfit operations on this tri-weekly service. 

49 VIewliner Sleeper I available (send to storage or backup) 
25 Viewliner Sleeper II's available OR on order/for delivery (use for tri-weekly weekly operation)

Meanwhile, out of 25 Viewliner Sleepers, ONE will be on each of the Silver Star/Meteor train sets - that means 4 Viewliner II Sleepers out of 25 will actually be used. WOW! What great utilization! They've been rolling the Viewliner II's out on the Silver Meteor/Star for quite a while now!!!!!

Date: 01/18/21 17:34
Author: lordsigma

There’s obviously not a guarantee it will be in that position it’s just where they typically run it.

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.034 seconds