Home Open Account Help 276 users online

Passenger Trains > BART San Jose Project

Date: 02/20/21 15:32
BART San Jose Project
Author: goduckies

Getting money in covid bill... I fully support the project, but has zero to do with covid and should be taken out.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/house-covid-bill-millions-silicon-valley-transportation-project

Posted from Android

Date: 02/20/21 16:08
Re: BART San Jose Project
Author: MojaveBill

Creates jobs. Complain to your US Senators and Congressmember.

Bill Deaver
Tehachapi, CA

Date: 02/20/21 16:12

MojaveBill Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Creates jobs. Complain to your US Senators and
> Congressmember.

Then do a jobs bill not put it in covid

Posted from Android

Date: 02/20/21 16:17
Author: robj

MojaveBill Wrote:
> Congressmember.

Not sure where that got in but I believe appropriations begin in the House and so we can look at where the speaker of the house comes from and the size of the CA delegation so surprise should be limited.  As we found from a past stimulus, jobs created from this types of projects fall way after the need has passed.

Bob

Date: 02/20/21 16:19
Author: 2904

Some people are determined to be dissatisfied.

Date: 02/20/21 16:44
Author: BoilingMan

I think it’s so cool that there’s so much to complain about!
SR

Date: 02/20/21 17:13
Author: robj

Yea, well there is a percevied downside of extending transit and I think in the case of BART that downside might be valid.

Bob

Date: 02/20/21 18:35
Author: cchan006

goduckies Wrote:
> Then do a jobs bill not put it in covid

Looks like financial situation is dire for the BART to San Jose project (local residents taxed out), so California is trying to sneak it into the COVID bill. A project can't be completed without jobs (duh), so I don't fall for the "creating jobs" political bait.

Pretty easy to create a political storm against this appropriation involving Federal money, since the prime beneficiary is Big Tech, especially with one company's direct involvement in buying up real estate around San Jose Diridon Station. (Hint for opponents)

Reappropriate CA HSR money to BART if this project is so damned important. Washington D.C. and the general public won't care if it doesn't involve Federal money.

Date: 02/20/21 19:16
Author: PHall

rgzfan Wrote:
> I love the idea of BART being extended to SJC.
> Should have been done 30 years ago. Bay area has
> an absolute crapload of rail traisit lines
> compared to 1985, when I first moved there. It's
> really quite amazing. It makes me feel good all
> over. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K5eHtF2_JY

It wasn't done 30 years ago because Santa Clara County decided they didn't want to be a part of BART in the first place.

Date: 02/20/21 20:42
Author: pdt

When I saw the author of the thread, I knew it wouldnt really have anythiing to do with trains...just more complaining about money and government.  Maybe some day you'll actually have something to say about the progress of the project, or post some pictures of trains, or have something to say about an interesting train thats operating. 

Date: 02/20/21 22:33

I have posted plenty about trains, but I also post about government waste in rail here as it is on topic. God forbid we had a discussion and not an echo chamber. BTW if you see my posts, you can ignore them it isn't that hard if I bug you that much.
Also I didn't even say I was against the project. I am not. Unlike going under the Bay the second time or HSR that is useless when you have cheaper quicker flights, this project had merit. But I don't believe it should be in a Covid bill.

Posted from Android

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/21 22:34 by goduckies.

Date: 02/21/21 04:48
Author: SANSR

"BTW if you see my posts, you can ignore them it isn't that hard if I bug you that much."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Spot on.  Funny how the hyper-partisan simply sit back and wait for what is perceived to be the opportune moment to chime in, when, as you point out, 'if you don't want to read my posts, no one is holding a gun to your head'......'nothing to see here, move on, please.'

Date: 02/21/21 06:20
Author: choodude

As a pragmatic person, who has witnessed how a certain politician - who used to be the leader of the Senate - was PROUD to let hundreds of bills passed by the House Die on his desk --  Gee, wouldn't it be neat if we had a functioning government?  You Got What You Voted For and now you are complaining? !

If it takes piling tons of worthwhile projects (and even some that may not) into a huge must pass bill to get past the Obstruction Party, Have At IT !!!

Brian

Date: 02/21/21 06:22
Author: goneon66

goduckies Wrote:
> MojaveBill Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Creates jobs. Complain to your US Senators and
> > Congressmember.
>
>
> Then do a jobs bill not put it in covid
>
> Posted from Android

i agree.........

Date: 02/21/21 08:31
Author: portlander

MojaveBill Wrote:
> Congressmember.

Senators and Congressmember? Sure, right at 7 am in the morning after I hit the ATM machine and enter my PIN number. . .

Sorry, couldn't resist :)

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0984 seconds