Home Open Account Help 253 users online

Passenger Trains > Dukakis Visits SLO and SBA no AMTK

Date: 02/02/02 15:41
Dukakis Visits SLO and SBA no AMTK
Author: charlie

Getting this second hand, Dukakis (is he a gov or congressman right now on a transportation commitee ?) gave a speech Friday in Santa Barbara and then rode AMTK up to SLO and gave another one, saying that if AMTK got just 1% of the money afforded to all other segments funded (air/subway/hwy/etc), then the problem would not have arisen (refering to the press release). Then he went on about maglev being needed, and then the news coverage shows AMTK long haul action threatened for the cut in Oct...A SURFLINER being pushed! Wrong train. I think he rode up on #14 Friday from SBA to SLO, gave a pitch for mass transit funding, and the news crew issed the boat with what type of train Amtk is considering cutting.

I'm getting jaded in my impressions of news coverage in general. Whenever they cover anything I have any first hand knowledge about, seems like the info presented on the phosphoros tube is about 50% correct.

Charlie

Date: 02/02/02 15:42
RE: Dukakis Visits SLO and SBA no AMTK
Author: charlie

Title should say ON AMTK, not NO AMTK.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0246 seconds