Home Open Account Help 319 users online

Passenger Trains > NJ Transit's new dual mode locomotives get a photo op

Date: 04/06/21 18:45
NJ Transit's new dual mode locomotives get a photo op
Author: Lackawanna484

NJ,com has a short article about the press preview at Newark Penn. The first of the new ALP45DP locomotives was inspected by the Governor. The new model will replace the unique PL42AC. Pictures.

Likely paywall  https://www.nj.com/traffic/2021/04/gov-murphy-checks-out-the-little-engine-that-could-improve-nj-transits-reliability.html

https://abc7ny.com/nj-transit-dual-power-locomotives-travel-newark-penn-station/10492149/

Date: 04/06/21 21:31
Re: NJ Transit's new dual mode locomotives get a photo op
Author: MojaveBill

Another dimwit who doesn't know the difference between a locomotive and a train...

Bill Deaver
Tehachapi, CA

Date: 04/07/21 05:29
Author: pdt

Classic NJ.....You dont question my waste and corruption (replacing 15 year old engines) , and I wont question yours.

Date: 04/07/21 06:48
Author: joemvcnj

They still have some 40 year old EMD's to replace. I don't know how many GP40's and AL-42's they have. 
These locos cost $11 million each for a capability they do not need. A regular diesel would cost $7 million. So they spent $100 more than they need to have, just to standardize and have total flexibility. Could they have gotten a simplified ALP45 without the catenary capability ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/21 08:08 by joemvcnj.

Date: 04/07/21 13:59
Author: PRR1361

One-seat service into Penn Station on more lines. Replacing 30 and 40 year old diesels.

Date: 04/07/21 16:47
Author: joemvcnj

PRR1361 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> One-seat service into Penn Station on more lines.
> Replacing 30 and 40 year old diesels.

Not true until new tunnels get built. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0295 seconds