Home Open Account Help 257 users online

Passenger Trains > Yellow Varnish In The Blue Mountains

Date: 04/14/21 19:44
Yellow Varnish In The Blue Mountains
Author: walstib

I spent today chasing the Union Pacific engineering special that's been roaming the west this past week.

Here's a short video with two of my favorite clips from the trip over the Blue Mountains.

First clip is a slow roll up around the summit.

Second clip is descending into La Grande, where the train tied down for the night.

The weather was cooperative, and I managed to catch the train 5 or 6 times from the Columbia River to La Grande.

The special spent most of the day behind a monster stack train that seemed to be going slower each of the six times it passed me.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 04/14/21 20:31
Re: Yellow Varnish In The Blue Mountains
Author: Badorder

If they could only keep their other 8000 locomotives that clean.

Posted from Android

Proud Foamer
OAKLEY, CA

Date: 04/14/21 22:22
Author: 8notch

Brian,
 You were in my backyard when you went to Lagrande. I'm sorry I missed this special movement. I went to Kennewick, Washington today for wife's cataract surgery. Hope you got some great pictures of the area. The Blue Mountains set a great back draft for pictures. 
 Thanks for sharing your video. Looking forward to see some of your Columbia gorge shots. 
Robert in Lagrande Oregon 

Date: 04/15/21 05:58
Author: SCKP187

Real nice video and locations.  Sure is good to see that SD70M.  Train is in the same configuration as it was when it went through Oklahoma last month.
Brian Stevens

Date: 04/15/21 09:30
Author: PRR1361

Badorder: you think UP is bad?  Check out NS, they are all filthy, even the Heritage units. The only shiny ones you see (for a few days) are the new and the rebuilds.

Date: 04/15/21 16:52
Author: krm152

Thanks for the excellent video posting.
ALLEN

Date: 04/15/21 19:30
Author: wyeth

I'm surprised that with UP's PSR campaign, they didn't attach an empty soda ash or manifest train to the passenger special's rear end...

Date: 04/15/21 20:20
Author: 8notch

Brian,
Congratulations on your VOTD.
Robert

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0298 seconds