Home Open Account Help 322 users online

Passenger Trains > GCOR / Amtrak / BNSF

Date: 05/01/21 10:19
GCOR / Amtrak / BNSF
Author: rww

I'm sure this has already been shared ---but--- in case it hasn't, here is the photo on the cover of the BNSF version of GCOR.  rww

Date: 05/01/21 14:39
Re: GCOR / Amtrak / BNSF
Author: CP8888

Wow! Someone else likes the semaphores.

Posted from Android

Date: 05/01/21 15:34

Yes we do. BNSF just donated fully refurbished semaphores to the Galveston RR Museum and the Illinois Rail Museum! Every Super Chief ever operated were governed by these signals!

Posted from iPhone

Date: 05/01/21 18:30
Author: ironmtn

I think someone on the GCOR committee and at BNSF has their head screwed on right. Nice photo on the cover, and nice to have the appreciation of a piece of history.

MC

Date: 05/01/21 19:26

Thank you, Ironmtn!  rww 

Date: 05/02/21 17:11
Author: MNNRfan

Cheers to BNSF for donating fully refurbished semaphores to two museums. A very classy act!

Date: 05/02/21 21:03
Author: SCAX3401

rww Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm sure this has already been shared ---but--- in
> case it hasn't, here is the photo on the cover of
> the BNSF version of GCOR.  rww

That is a great photograph.  I beleive this photo is on the cover of all Eighth Edition GCOR books and not just BNSF's (of course an individual railroad can change the cover photo if they so wish).  My copy came straight from the official GCOR distributor with this photo and I have seen this photo on GCORs being used by numerous railroads.

Also just for reference, the GCOR is updated every five years and the cover photo changes with each new edition.  The previous editions had:
2015 7th Edition = CNW signal bridges over multiple tracks with sunset (or sunrise) in the distance
2010 6th Edition = Closup of a single or double slip switch common at entrances to major passenger terminals
2000 & 2005 4th/5th Edition = Had just a long strip photo on the left side that was basically a closeup of railroad ballast.

Date: 05/03/21 01:56
Author: ATSF1129

rww Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm sure this has already been shared ---but--- in
> case it hasn't, here is the photo on the cover of
> the BNSF version of GCOR.  rww
>
>  

No, it doesn’t appear this has ever been brought up here. A quick image search shows this being the only instance.

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0512 seconds