Home Open Account Help 311 users online

Passenger Trains > Tioga Pass in seattle

Date: 06/24/21 01:21
Tioga Pass in seattle
Author: goduckies

Best I could do...

Also Here is a beautiful view from the Space Needle...

Date: 06/24/21 06:31
Re: Tioga Pass in seattle
Author: PasadenaSub

Looks like views from the Space Needle in 2-3.  I visited for the first time last month, worth the price IMHO.

Rich

Date: 06/24/21 09:43
Author: goduckies

Yup it was from there

Posted from Android

Date: 06/24/21 17:54
Author: jcaestecker

Tioga's Norm likes to eat up in Chinatown.  I do too.

-John

Date: 06/24/21 18:58
Author: Hou74-76

These are nice shots. Thanks for posting them.

They remind me of when I had the pleasure of riding the Moonlight Dome & Birch Grove in 2019.  Unfortunately, the cars were switched out of the Empire Builder's consist as fast as they could and parked on that stub track the Tioga Pass is on.  We did get standby power but the waste tanks were not drained.  It seems they only did it in the yard and we never got a chance to visit it until our outbound run two days later.  So I wonder if Norm was able to get out of that situation? I recall that  if you had a problem with something in Seattle you had to call a "desk" in Washington DC to get it fixed.  That sure as hell wasn't they way we did back in the day.

Date: 06/26/21 18:27
Author: aronco

We seldom have problems of septic capacity.. ..we only have 5 passengers aboard.
Frankly, I am amazed at the friendly and helpful Amtrak employees recently. All of the line employees,seem to have a new attitude this year!

Posted from Android

Norman Orfall
Helendale, CA
TIOGA PASS, a private railcar

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0344 seconds