Home Open Account Help 348 users online

Passenger Trains > Metro North and Amtrak Action in Mamaroneck and Harrison

Date: 09/06/21 16:07
Metro North and Amtrak Action in Mamaroneck and Harrison
Author: Passfanatic

On Saturday September 4th, I decided to photograph at two stations in NY State along the New Haven Line that I have never been to-Mamaroneck and Harrison. As expected, all of the Metro North trains that I got on camera were M8 Sets and those are very cool. I was able to see quite a few Amtrak trains. The schedules were back to normal following the extreme heavy rains from Ida.

1. An northbound mid afternoon Amtrak Acela train heads away from me at Mamaroneck, NY Station heading to Boston.

2. A Stamford to GCT MNR local arrives into Mamaroneck Station on schedule.

3. An northbound Amtrak Northeast Regional Train, being led by Sprinter # 641, bypasses Mamaroneck Station on Track 4.

Date: 09/06/21 16:11
Re: Metro North and Amtrak Action in Mamaroneck and Harrison

1. An eastbound Acela overtakes a MNR M8 Set as they both head away from me at Mamaroneck Station.

2. The STM-GCT MNR local slows for the stop at Mamaroneck Station.

3. An eastbound M8 set heading to New Haven bypassing Mamaroneck Station on Track 4.

Date: 09/06/21 16:17

1. Amtrak Sprinter # 650 leads Amtrak Train # 163 past Mamaroneck Station enroute from BOS-WAS.

2. A MNR STM-GCT local receives passengers at the depot.

3. Here is a rear view of Amtrak Train # 88 in Mamaroneck. The Amfleet 1s are going to start to get replaced in 2025 so this is the time to enjoy the tubular design of them while they are still around.

Date: 09/06/21 16:24

After Manaroneck, I spend the rest of my time railfanning at Harrison Station and stayed until 6:50 pm. Unfortunately, the sun angle was an issue at Harrison when I was there but I did the best that I could with pictures.

1. Amtrak Acela Train # 2254 and a MNR GCT-NHV train race each other at Harrison Station. Both the Acela and MNR's next stop is Stamford but after getting to Stamford, the Acela will run express to BRP while the MNR will turn into a local making every stop between Stamford and New Haven.

2. MNR M8 set heading away from me, enroute from GCT-NHV.

3. This structure is a brand new parking deck for MNR passengers at the Harrison Station.

Date: 09/06/21 16:28

1. View of Harrison Station-looking south. Lots of brand new apartments going up adjacent to the station.

2. A GCT-STM MNR train heads away from the Harrison Station.

3. Amtrak Northeast Regional Train # 135 runs express through Harrison with ACS-64 # 669 in the lead.

Date: 09/06/21 16:34

1. The east end of the westbound platform offices a pretty cool vantage point looking toward the east. We have a MNR STM-GCT train approaching the Harrison Station.

2. A MNR GCT-STM train arrives into Harrison.

3. This MNR GCT-STM train heads away from me at Harrison Station.

Date: 09/06/21 16:38

1. One of the MNR New Haven express trains bypasses Harrison Station on Track 2.

2. MNR M8 set heading to Manhattan.

3. Southbound Amtrak Vermonter Train passing Harrison Station on Track 2.

Date: 09/06/21 16:40

Some more MNR M8 action before calling it a day at Harrison. Hope that you all got through Ida fine.

Date: 09/06/21 18:39
Author: mvrr10

Thanks for the great selection of trains on the New Haven's West End! The Amfleet equipment won't be around forever,good advise to us all.

Date: 09/07/21 09:43
Author: NPRocky

Are most Amtrak Northeast Regional trains back up to eight cars now, or all of them?  I'd heard some or all were down to seven because ridership wasn't back yet.  Have all the pre-panemic Northeast Regional schedules been restored?

Date: 09/07/21 17:57

Thanks. No Amtrak has not restored it's prepandemic schedule for the Northeast Corridor. I think many of the Amtrak Northeast Regional Trains are back at 8 cars though.

When the Amfleet Is are retired, I'm going to miss them. We all still have time though to get our pictures and ride in them one last time. I think starting in 2015, they will slowly but surely begin to get phased out in the Northeast but it probably won't be a fast process. I believe that the Siemens Intercity trainsets will first start running in revenue service on the Cascades.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/21 17:59 by Passfanatic.

Date: 09/07/21 18:21
Author: Lackawanna484

Thanks for the coverage in this busy location.

I always enjoy the sign boards for upcoming trains in these stations. 

Date: 09/08/21 04:24

The signboards are interesting. Yes the stretch of the NHL between Woodlawn Jct and Stamford is very busy and during the week, it’s even busier.

Much of my railfanning on the NHL is generally around New Haven. I need to photograph more on west end of the NHL. Before the P32AC-DMs are retired, I plan to make an AM rush hour trip to the west end of the NHL.

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0813 seconds