Home Open Account Help 269 users online

Passenger Trains > Sunflowers and Metrolink

Date: 09/19/21 22:55
Sunflowers and Metrolink
Author: oyw

In my neverending quest to find different locations, I stumbled across a new one off of Kansas Ave in Riverside(CA) this morning. The wild sunflowers were what caught my attention so I waited for Metrolink train # 753 from Perris to LA with F125 925 on the rear in push-mode. Thanks for the look.

OYW

Date: 09/20/21 08:49
Re: Sunflowers and Metrolink
Author: rbenko

Nice shot of a truly hideous-looking locomotive

Date: 09/20/21 09:50
Author: ABHoffmann

As far as the “hideous-looking” locomotive, did everybody see that shadowy smiling figure in the dark cab background with a red tail, red horns, and a pitchfork? (Just kidding!)  The F125 model has evoked more strong polarizations than I’ve ever seen!

That unit, Metrolink Engine 925, was involved in a misrouting by BNSF in the delivery process and made a trip over Tehachapi Pass and back.  No other Metrolink units made that trip (that I know of).

As far as the theme of the photo of forum contributor oyw, it is a cool photo though rather plain-Jane in my opinion, but it grows on one over time, and over time the flowers become more pronounced to the eye.  Figure that one out!  I guess it has magical qualities of some sort …

Date: 09/20/21 10:11
Author: CNW8531

rbenko Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice shot of a truly hideous-looking locomotive

I pretty much agree.  But I think they would look a lot better if they were painted in a real color scheme.  One like Rock Island, Milwaukee Road, C&NW, well, you get the idea!

Date: 09/20/21 10:51
Author: jst3751

ABHoffmann Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> As far as the theme of the photo of forum
> contributor oyw, it is a cool photo though rather
> plain-Jane in my opinion, but it grows on one over
> time, and over time the flowers become more
> pronounced to the eye.  Figure that one out!  I
> guess it has magical qualities of some sort …

WOW, who hired you as a photo critic...

Date: 09/20/21 12:20
Author: PasadenaSub

Nice looking photo and location, Bob.

Rich

Date: 09/20/21 14:23
Author: ABHoffmann

jst3751:

You are too, too negative, and at your rate you will have a heart attack!  A bad one!

The post was meant as a compliment.  Few photos here at trainorders.com grow on me and become, ‘Hey, that really is a cool photo!’  Poster oyw’s photo herein is such a one!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/21 16:50 by ABHoffmann.

Date: 09/20/21 15:33
Author: MacBeau

Interesting paint and image.
—Mac

Date: 09/20/21 16:09
Author: WP921

I actually like the appearance of the F125 better than the Siemens Charger units.  I think a few minor changes to the paint scheme on the F125 would help immensely.  I remember when GE "Genesis" Units, P32, P40, P42, etc. started replacing F40PH units on the long distance trains and I found the appearance of the faceted and angled front end shocking.  Now I'll almost get a little misty eyed when they are replaced by the Charger units.

Date: 09/21/21 07:17
Author: KA7008

I never noticed the "downward-to-the-rear" taper of the stripes.  Thanks for the pic.

Date: 09/22/21 15:31
Author: Durmid

Looks like the shell wasn’t snapped all the way on.

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0504 seconds