Home Open Account Help 249 users online

Passenger Trains > Rocky Mountaineer passed Housing Construction 6 Oct 2021

Date: 10/06/21 14:40
Rocky Mountaineer passed Housing Construction 6 Oct 2021
Author: cozephyr

Housing construction continues to expand in Coal Creek Canyon west of Arvada, Colorado, 6 October 2021.  Westbound Rocky Mountaineer with UP 5105, SD70M, with Rocky Mountaineer wrap led UP 4413 as 10-car train entered tunnel 1 on UP's Moffat Tunnel Subdivision.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 10/06/21 18:09
Re: Rocky Mountaineer passed Housing Construction 6 Oct 2021
Author: cutboy1958

Pretty  train!!  Anyone  riding  it?
  Sprawl  creeps ever  further  west.

Date: 10/06/21 19:28
Author: Train29

Very nice video. The consist appears to be a bit different than the 8/15 inaugural. Although Silver Leaf Plus and Silver Leaf cars are the same, Silver Leaf Plus are pared with their own lounge. The 8/15 train had a lounge in front of and in back of the two Silver Leaf Plus cars. Here there appears to be only one Silver Leaf Plus and one lounge and four Silver Leaf glass top cars together towards the rear of the train. Perhaps to more correctly serve demand for the two classes of service? 

Date: 10/06/21 23:21
Author: coach

RGZFAN, I hear you.  It serves all of humanity to just leave some places, able to be visited, UNTOUCHED.  Developers crave these kinds of places for the high dollar return, but it ruins it for everyone else that just likes to go there and enjoy the open space.  It's needed to keep us humans sane.

I wish they had sold the land to a rancher, or to an Open Space preservation district (if any exist out there).

Date: 10/07/21 04:40
Author: Jimbo

I am on this train, getting ready to reboard in Glenwood Springs this morning.  We had a great day yesterday, with first class service and great viewing, including open vestibules.  There are two Silver Leaf Plus cars bracketing one lounge car; the other lounge car is not in service.  There are three Silver Leaf cars.  Ridership appears to be good; I was in three of the cars, including the two Plus cars, and they were all mostly full.  Yesterday we met five trains, including three BNSF, one UP, and Amtrak number 6, arriving at 5:45 pm.

Jim

Date: 10/07/21 11:36
Author: cozephyr

Yes, Jefferson County open space has already been established nearby east of this location.

coach Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> RGZFAN, I hear you.

> I wish they had sold the land...to an Open Space preservation district.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/21 11:38 by cozephyr.

Date: 10/07/21 16:31
Author: grlhughes

So sad to see. Frasier up to the Moffat Tunnel looks like a suburb and you can't even see Denver from the Big Ten Curve on Train 6 somedays because of the smog. But I get why folks want to move out of downtown even though it looks "nice and safe". 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/21 17:15 by grlhughes.

Date: 10/08/21 16:47
Author: march_hare

Hmmm, I lived on a low hill overlooking downtown Denver (69th Avenue) from 1979-1982, much closer to downtown than this location, and it was common to not be able to see downtown. The brown cloud has been there a long, long time. 

( The real gross out was when you could seee some of the taller buildings, but only from the 10 th story upwards. It looked like they were rising out of a cesspool. )

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0319 seconds