Home Open Account Help 307 users online

Passenger Trains > ACWR Passenger Extra with Ex NS F Unit

Date: 12/01/21 10:57
ACWR Passenger Extra with Ex NS F Unit
Author: scraphauler

Sitting in my home office, working on billing out a unit stone train up in Ohio, and I hear an unfamiliar horn to the west.  Local had already been through eastbound a couple hours ago, so a second eastbound would be unusual, but not unheard of.  Figured it was just an empty grain train with CSXT power.  Instead I get this nice surprise!  Pinehurst NC, Wednesday December 1, at 110 PM EST.  Sun glare is brutal this time of year, but it is what it is.  My guess is it is headed a mile down down the tracks to the Pinehurst Resort for display during the holiday season.  ACWR maintains a passenger siding in for VIP's and other special moves within a stone throw of the Pinehurst County Club clubhouse and the 18th green of the famous #2 Pinehurst, home of the US Open in 2024 (and 2029, 2035, 2041, and 2047)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/21 13:17 by scraphauler.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 12/01/21 12:41
Re: ACWR Passenger Extra
Author: ClubCar

It is the Aberdeen, Carolina, and Western Railroad in case anyone was wondering what ACWR means.  The 2nd passenger car is the former Pullman Car "Defender" from its' days of operation on the Pennsylvania Railroad for those interested in history.  Thanks for posting the video.
John in White Marsh, Maryland

Date: 12/01/21 14:48
Author: boejoe

Is there a wye in the Pinehurst area to turn the F unit for its eventual return trip to the shop in Candor NC?

Date: 12/01/21 15:11
Author: scraphauler

Yes, in Aberdeen just down hill from Pinehurst. They reinstalled the switch to the east leg and completely rebuilt the tail track off the east leg this past spring primarily to support the F and passenger cars. The SD60F has turned on it once or twice as well.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 12/01/21 20:10
Author: pdt

Nice train and F unit to boot.
They just bought some more pax equipment from the IPH bankruptcy, IIRC

Date: 12/01/21 22:21
Re: ACWR Passenger Extra with Ex NS F Unit
Author: krm152

Was a much different scene there when I lived in NC in the early 1970's.
Hopefully we'll see some even bigger things from ACWR.
Thanks for your video posting.
ALLEN

Date: 12/02/21 00:00
Re: ACWR Passenger Extra with Ex NS F Unit
Author: dan

they got some e units!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0385 seconds