Home Open Account Help 238 users online

Passenger Trains > Midwest Charger Update


Date: 01/26/22 08:08
Midwest Charger Update
Author: sethamtrak

Hiawatha 331/334/335/338/339 has engine 142 north and 4603 south. Engine 148 solo on 390 (axle count sightseer on the rear), 381/382 has 33 solo for the 3rd day straight, 63 solo on 301/304, 351 cancelled out of PNT acct no equipment from 352 yesterday and it's only 10am. Currently 3F and wind chill of -8F. 



Date: 01/26/22 12:15
Re: Midwest Charger Update
Author: robj

Would be interesting to find what the actual failures are.  I assume they have Siemens tech support on site??  They should have more, not sure of the union rules tho.

Bob



Date: 01/26/22 15:18
Re: Midwest Charger Update
Author: ProAmtrak

And their LD Counterparts are gonna be hitting the road soon? Can't wait to hear issues on No. 7 or No. 8 when next winter hits if it's bad or worse than this years!



Date: 01/26/22 16:43
Re: Midwest Charger Update
Author: goduckies

ProAmtrak Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And their LD Counterparts are gonna be hitting the
> road soon? Can't wait to hear issues on No. 7 or
> No. 8 when next winter hits if it's bad or worse
> than this years!

Easy fix, keep them on the areas it doesn't get that cold for now, chief, sunset, Starlight, Eagle and City of nawlins, also the Florida to DC trains(where it switches to electric)

Posted from Android



Date: 01/27/22 05:54
Re: Midwest Charger Update
Author: alan2955

goduckies Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ProAmtrak Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > And their LD Counterparts are gonna be hitting
> the
> > road soon? Can't wait to hear issues on No. 7
> or
> > No. 8 when next winter hits if it's bad or
> worse
> > than this years!
>
> Easy fix, keep them on the areas it doesn't get
> that cold for now, chief, sunset, Starlight,
> Eagle and City of nawlins, also the Florida to DC
> trains(where it switches to electric)
>
> Posted from Android

Your plan doesn’t work for the eagle or chief. I do believe they leave From Chicago and that’s where they’re having all the problems with these locomotives!

Posted from iPhone



Date: 01/27/22 23:34
Re: Midwest Charger Update
Author: goduckies

alan2955 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> goduckies Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > ProAmtrak Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > And their LD Counterparts are gonna be
> hitting
> > the
> > > road soon? Can't wait to hear issues on No. 7
> > or
> > > No. 8 when next winter hits if it's bad or
> > worse
> > > than this years!
> >
> > Easy fix, keep them on the areas it doesn't get
> > that cold for now, chief, sunset, Starlight,
> > Eagle and City of nawlins, also the Florida to
> DC
> > trains(where it switches to electric)
> >
> > Posted from Android
>
> Your plan doesn’t work for the eagle or chief. I
> do believe they leave From Chicago and that’s
> where they’re having all the problems with these
> locomotives!
>
> Posted from iPhone

True, but hopefully they aren't in great cold long enough for it to be an issue.



[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0391 seconds