Home Open Account Help 313 users online

Passenger Trains > Rail Sale Questions

Date: 11/25/02 07:24
Rail Sale Questions
Author: jim55

$60, CHI-SFO on the Zephyr, lit a fire. Are you assigned a seat and would it be a high back,maybe a recline type seat? Is it permitted to take a cooler on board? How much baggage.?..that you can get to enroute ? Thanks, Jim..jjd5566@aol.com

Date: 11/25/02 08:52
Re: Rail Sale Questions
Author: brc600

jim55 wrote:

> $60, CHI-SFO on the Zephyr, lit a fire. Are you assigned a
> seat and would it be a high back,maybe a recline type seat? Is
> it permitted to take a cooler on board? How much
> baggage.?..that you can get to enroute ? Thanks,
> Jim..jjd5566@aol.com
>
> [%sig%]

You are assigned a space, but can choose any seat that is available. If you get the Superliner coach, then it is a high-back and reclining seat that is more comfortable than literally more than half of the motel beds that I have slept in!!! You can take two bags with you and check the rest. You can bring a cooler with you, I am sure. You can always ask the local agents. I am wary of the 800 # because you can call three times and get three answers, all vastly different. This is largely because of too many newer people versus an experienced agent.

I am in Omaha, and two of the most knowledgeable Amtrak agents around died; two others are retired, so that is a loss felt by many.

brc600

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0636 seconds