Home Open Account Help 356 users online

Passenger Trains > Westerly Rhode Island

Date: 05/06/22 20:41
Westerly Rhode Island
Author: tq-07fan

I took two weeks off, originally I was only going for a week and a half. My plan was to go to Washington DC for Motor Bus Society then go to Boston to ride Trackless Trolleys (Trolleybuses for everyone outside of Boston). Unfortunately the Trackless Trolley system in Cambridge MA came to an end in March so I redid the trip to attempt to see as much of the state of Rhode Island by RIPTA buses as possible in five days. This morning I rode the 95x express to Westerly for the Friday only Rural Route 301 RIPTA bus. 
1) I got there in time to see Amtrak Train 95 go under the bridge at High Street.
2) After walking to Connecticut to use the toilet and get some donuts I set up for Acela 2155.
3) A trash can. You can bet it's seen some trains...

Date: 05/06/22 20:43
Re: Westerly Rhode Island
Author: tq-07fan

The Rural Rt 301 turned out to be more a Senior Ride concept route. Pick up people, mostly at Senior centers and take them to the Stop and Shop at Richmond RI for an hour or the Walmart in Westerly for an hour to get shopping done. I the same route rode back to Westerly to get a Flex Bus which is Dial-A-Ride system operated by RIPTA in certain less populated areas. 
4) RIPTA Rural Rt 301 in front of the Westerly Station.
5) Train 173 sunk up on me from behind. 
6) Train 173 from the position I was ready to get a northbound Acela from.
I ended up being confused as the Train Approaching signs were stuck on the northbound platform so I took off toward Connecticut again only to miss Acela 2154. In fact I missed a couple northbounds as if I missed the buses out there I would have a serious wait. The trains seamed to go by right after I went to the street side of the station. Anyways, it's not much but at least I got to add Rhode Island as another state I have railfanned in.

Thank you for looking!

Jim

Date: 05/06/22 21:54
Author: cutboy1958

Big time  railroading.  Yhanks.
 Sire  hope  Amtrak  finds  a  way  to  keep  some  Amfleet. Even  with their  small windows!!

Date: 05/07/22 05:43
Author: Passfanatic

Interesting log and photos. Considering that I have been in the WLY area and past it many times, I have only stepped foot at the Westerly Amtrak Station once. It's a pretty cool facility. RIPTA has a pretty cool bus network for the size of RI. Back to the trains-it's nice that those Amfleet Is are still around.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0573 seconds