Home Open Account Help 275 users online

Passenger Trains > Finally - private cars moving in LA!

Date: 05/07/22 19:54
Finally - private cars moving in LA!
Author: aronco

Amtrak train 14 from Los Angeles Saturday, May 14th will have private cars TIOGA PASS and Pacific Sands destined Seattle.  These cars will return to LA from Seattle on train 11 Thursday, May 19..  TIOGA PASS will then run to San Diego on Surfliner 564 710am Friday May 20, returning on 595 at 1100pm that night, May 20.  TIOGA PASS will also run to San Diego on Saturday May 21 on the same schedule.  If you are interested in a private car ride,  see the T/O classified ad section for details.
There wil more trips this summer....stay tuned!

TIOGA PASS

Norman Orfall
Helendale, CA
TIOGA PASS, a private railcar

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/22 19:55 by aronco.

Date: 05/08/22 13:49
Re: Finally - private cars moving in LA!
Author: ProAmtrak

Norm hopefully the stupid arm and the leg price tag you guys have to pay got lifted and people can ride in the back again!

Date: 05/09/22 00:18
Author: aronco

No such luck guys...I estimate the back platform ban cost amtrak close to a million dollars a year in lost revenue, but congress will make that up in a flick of an eyelash.

Norm

Posted from Android

Norman Orfall
Helendale, CA
TIOGA PASS, a private railcar

Date: 05/09/22 05:16
Author: Sp1110

Why did Biden ban the back platforms?

Date: 05/09/22 07:34
Author: tonymarchiando

Platform riding was banned in 2018, during Richard Anderson's reign as Amtrak president.

Donald Trump was US President then, but I'm certain he had nothing to do with it, neither does Biden.

Tony

Date: 05/10/22 10:44
Author: 4451Puff

aronco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No such luck guys...I estimate the back platform
> ban cost amtrak close to a million dollars a year
> in lost revenue, but congress will make that up in
> a flick of an eyelash.
>
> Norm
>
> Posted from Android

Chartering a car here in the west was still a long term travel plan of mine, despite increased costs, & fewer locations to add or remove a car en route. With open platforms now off-limits, I have zero desire to now. The food & the view out the back may be better,  but it doesn't justify the extra expences, at least for my budget. 
Desmond Praetzel, "4451 Puff"

Date: 05/11/22 19:18
Author: SanJoaquinEngr

Was at ICTF this morning observed Tioga Pass and Pacific Sands headed eastbound up the Alameda Corridor headed to LAUPT for Norms adventure to Seattle.

Posted from Android

Date: 05/16/22 16:42
Author: cajon

Will leave Seattle Wednesday on #11 and into LA Thrusday night if on time.
Dennis

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0392 seconds