Home Open Account Help 271 users online

Passenger Trains > Amtrak Downeaster Strikes 2 Trespassers

Date: 05/08/22 15:14
Amtrak Downeaster Strikes 2 Trespassers
Author: gcw

Date: 05/08/22 17:03
Re: Amtrak Downeaster Strikes 2 Trespassers
Author: Train29

"Amtrak killed them."  Well  no, they killed themselves by engaging in illegal activity. 

Date: 05/09/22 05:19
Author: Chessie1963

Early Monday morning, Biddeford Police Chief Roger Beaupre said the preliminary investigation indicates the two people were lying on the tracks as the train approached.  He said that based on the available video feed, the persons sat up, hugged one another and were struck by the train.

Date: 05/09/22 08:25
Author: 8notch

That must be rough on the engineer to feel helpless when something like that happens. My prayers go out to the Amtrak crew, and condolences to the families of those 2 trespassers.
Robert in Lagrande Oregon 

Date: 05/09/22 10:42
Author: IC_2024

8notch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That must be rough on the engineer to feel
> helpless when something like that happens. My
> prayers go out to the Amtrak crew, and condolences
> to the families of those 2 trespassers.
> Robert in Lagrande Oregon 

Thanks, Robert, for your concern for engineers and the families/friends of the deceased— it means a lot to me…

I just had a trespasser fatality a couple of weeks ago and have lost count over the years of the sad total number- all of which could’ve been avoided if they didn’t decide to argue with a machine— it always wins…
The 3 C’s are always helpful…. didn’t cause it, didn’t create it and can’t control it. But, you’re only human and it takes a toll with occasional nightmares, high blood pressure from a hyper-vigilance while operating and other issues. A dream job, yes, but this unfortunate part goes with the territory. Bottom line: “The price for freedom is
eternal vigilance” … And the latest slogan: “See tracks, think train!” Stay in the clear…

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/22 10:45 by IC_2024.

Date: 05/09/22 15:32
Author: ST214

The MBTA also had a fatal trespasser strike yesterday.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0383 seconds