Home Open Account Help 254 users online

Passenger Trains > PV’s on the move to Chicago

Date: 05/18/22 13:23
PV’s on the move to Chicago
Author: TexasChief

Patrick Henry Creative Promotions cars and the Caritas PV will depart Kansas City on Friday, May 20th on #4 The Southwest Chief to Chicago. Early Saturday morning Metra will take the 3 cars to La Salle Street station via Joliet. They will deadhead on CN/Amtrak line to Joliet and then back to La Salle station via Metra/RI line. Cars will be hosting events for National Restaurant Show through Monday, May 23rd at La Salle Street Station. 
thank you. 

Date: 05/18/22 15:44
Re: PV’s on the move to Chicago
Author: kevink

Interesting. I just saw Caritas from my evening Metra train at 14th Street in Chicago IL. Is it taking tomorrow’s #3 to KC or remaining in Chicago?

How early is that “early” morning move on Metra?

Posted from iPhone

Date: 05/18/22 21:13
Author: EMD2024

I hope you have a great showing for the National Restaurant Association show. I miss the trips you used to do. I guess a stationary event is better than nothing at all and I know you'll have a great turnout.

MWPerkins
Puget Sound Inc.

Posted from Android

Date: 05/19/22 07:00
Author: filmteknik

I take it there is not a better way to go to LaSalle from CUS?

How are they departing?

Date: 05/19/22 07:18
Author: kevink

filmteknik Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I take it there is not a better way to go to
> LaSalle from CUS?
>
> How are they departing?

There was a connection via the St. Charles Air Line that Metra used for equipment moves to and from the 47th Street Shops on the Rock Island District. It has been out of service during the city’s Wells/Wentworth Connector project (covered extensively elsewhere on Trainorders). The bridge over the river is also out of service because some cables were cut.

At any rate, I presume Metra wants a route over which their crews are qualified. Thus Chicago Union Station to Joliet via the CN and Joliet to LaSalle Street via the Metra Rock Island District.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 05/20/22 08:55

Thanks my friend. Glad to see you were back on the road

Date: 05/20/22 08:56

Yes sir correct on routing

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0265 seconds