Home Open Account Help 338 users online

Passenger Trains > Norristown High Speed Line Bridgeport PA April 22, 2022

Date: 06/22/22 20:26
Norristown High Speed Line Bridgeport PA April 22, 2022
Author: erielackawanna

Back on April 22, 2022, I had one last business meeting in Philly before I had another one in NJ and then a plane home from Newark. I thought the DeKalb Street Station in Bridgeport would be in perfect light for photography, but I didn't really count on two things... the tree shadows and the 100% side-on sun. Still managed to grab a couple shots I was happy with.

Date: 06/23/22 08:04
Re: Norristown High Speed Line Bridgeport PA April 22, 2022
Author: King_Coal

Neat photos. I can remember driving to that station with my Mom when we dropped off Dad for business trips. Rickety old wood structure at the time. I seem to recall it being called "King Manor" at the time as that's how I labled the attached photo.

Still no fences around the track, so a good place to get unencumbered views of the equipment.

Date: 06/23/22 08:18
Author: erielackawanna

King_Coal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Neat photos. I can remember driving to that
> station with my Mom when we dropped off Dad for
> business trips. Rickety old wood structure at the
> time. I seem to recall it being called "King
> Manor" at the time as that's how I labled the
> attached photo.
>
> Still no fences around the track, so a good place
> to get unencumbered views of the equipment.

Love that image of the Bullet. Thanks for sharing. 

I never made it to the north/west end of the line during the Bullet era for some reason, even though I shot and rode the line a lot on the lower end.

Yes, nice open view there from David Street, without fences. Imagine it was like that back in the 1940s when my dad took some blurry/shaky photos of it too. Seems like it has not be a problem.

Date: 06/23/22 12:20
Author: PasadenaSub

Great series of photos of the SEPTA successors to the Bullets.

Rich

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0478 seconds