Home Open Account Help 275 users online

Passenger Trains > FL: BrightLine vs Trespasser

Date: 08/02/22 12:36
FL: BrightLine vs Trespasser
Author: Lackawanna484

A trespasser on the BrightLine right of way in Delray Beach was killed on Tuesday morning.

According to press reports, the individual was crossing the tracks at an other than designated point, and had passed through a cut in the fence, and a no trespassing sign.

I'm aware that BrightLine, Delray, and Palm Beach County have made a huge effort to secure the right of way, this person had to make an effort here. Crossings are only two blocks apart in downtown.

https://www.wpbf.com

Posted from Android

Date: 08/02/22 12:58
Re: FL: BrightLine vs Trespasser
Author: PHall

Fences are nice, but they have to be maintained to be effective.

Date: 08/02/22 15:19
Author: MEKoch

What kind of fence is it?   I remember when the Northeast Corridor was rehabbed in late 70s - early 80s, the fences were very strong steel slats about 3" apart.  They were about six feet tall and not easily destroyed or damaged.  Yes, some clowns used car jacks to pry them apart, but that was the exception.  The NEC had good protection and intruders were rare where the fences were installed.  I am assuming the fencing has been maintained over the years??

Date: 08/02/22 19:23
Author: DTrainshooter

MEKoch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What kind of fence is it?  I am assuming the fencing has been
> maintained over the years??

No. This is South Florida where people treat railroad tracks like sidewalks.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0354 seconds