Home Open Account Help 238 users online

Passenger Trains > UP Office car special in Omaha

Date: 09/22/22 13:51
UP Office car special in Omaha
Author: rbenko

My Omaha co-workers, who occupy an office in the former CB&Q mail and express building catty-corner to the former Union Station (now the Durham Museum), noticed an office car special parked in front of the museum.  Included are a few snaps they took - forgive them, for they know not what they do (in terms of railfan photography!!).  Anyone know what the event is?

Definitely disappointed, for I will be in that office next week - first time since just before the pandemic.  Couldn't UP wait one lousy week to do this???  ;-)

Date: 09/22/22 15:59
Re: UP Office car special in Omaha
Author: krm152

Thanks for your interesting photo posting.
UP's equipment really looks great.
ALLEN

Date: 09/23/22 05:56
Author: jcaestecker

I guess mum's the word.

-John

Date: 09/23/22 11:07
Author: rbenko

Anyone out there know what the event was?

Date: 09/23/22 12:34
Author: PHall

A UP Corprorate event that the public wasn't invited to. Pretty common in the corprorate world.

Date: 09/23/22 14:47
Author: jmhemmer

I have no idea what the event is, but I wonder if this train has anything to do with the Aksarben (Nebraska backwards) Stock Show, which is underway now?  Long ago, UP ran a special train for Aksarben on ever-shorter routes.  At some time in the past, Omaha-Columbus and back; then Omaha-Valley and back; then Omaha-Union (on former MP) and back.  Just guessing.  

Date: 09/23/22 20:20
Author: dan

maybe had lunch on it stationary if nothing else?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0304 seconds