Home Open Account Help 256 users online

Passenger Trains > Amtrak #6 at Green River UT on 9/23/22

Date: 09/24/22 03:14
Amtrak #6 at Green River UT on 9/23/22
Author: DGOLDE

Does anyone know why Amtrak #6 that left Oakland Thursday 9/22/22 and should have arrived at Green River UT at 8:01 AM Friday morning was running late.  I was trackaside at Green River UT Firday 9/23/22 from 7:48 am until 2:020 pm and the only train I sw during this 6+ hours was an eastbpound UP empty coal train with 7364 as the lead unit at 11:27 am.  During this time period I never saw Amtrak #6.  The online tracking guy said this train arrived at Green River UT on Friday 9/23/22 at 8:44 am but this is incorrect because I was standing at the Green River UT passenger station at this time and I didn't an Amtrak passenger train.

Date: 09/24/22 03:54
Re: Amtrak #6 at Green River UT on 9/23/22
Author: 4552

The train was cancelled.

Date: 09/24/22 10:23
Author: dan

it was a day late

Date: 09/24/22 10:47
Author: toledopatch

Amtrak Train Status agrees: #6(22) was canceled. When this cancellation occurred, I can't tell you.

Date: 09/24/22 10:59

the trainset had a fatality when the hit a u haul on the way out, further problems surfaced going west delaying even more, so passengers got calls the day before informing them of a cancelled 6, which the next day maybe two trainsets worth, minus the lounge which it did not have going west.

Date: 09/24/22 11:34
Author: toledopatch

I take dan's postings to mean that the equipment that was supposed to have made up #6(22) is instead deadheading east on #6(23) that went through Utah this morning.

Date: 09/24/22 13:24

I was wrong that trainset stayed in oakland will go out weds, to resume it's position, sundays number 5 is cancelled thou still.  This trainset had no lounge, but will have it was reported on the CZ fb page

Date: 09/24/22 17:47
Author: DGOLDE

Thanks for information it is good thing that there weren't any passengers waiting for the train in Green River, UT on Friday.

While I was waiting at Green River, UT on Thursday September 22 for the westbound #5 I was talking with a women, who is a mom, and she told me the following story about Amtrak and its lack of customer service.

This is her story.  A while back the elementary school for the Green River, UT area where her kids go to school planned an all day school trip a Museum in Grand Junction, CO about 100 miles from Green River.  The plan was that the students would ride Amtrak passenger train #6 to Grand Junction, CO where a bus would take the kids to museum and back home to Green River.  This was an all day trip so you can imagine how excited the kids were to ride the train and go to the Museum.  The parents, kids wearing their best clothes, and teachers arrived at the Green River passenger station 30 minutes before the train should arrive at 8:01 am.  Needless to say Amtrak #6 was three hours late.  While waiting for the train the kids being kids started playing and got dirty.  Because the train was three hour late the trip to Grand Junction had to be cancelled because the trip hadn't been planned on Amtrak being so late.  The train trip to from Green River to Grand Junction takes about two hours.  The kids were very disappointed.  You would have thought when the school booked this trip with Amtrak for these young students that Amtrak would have gone all out to make this trip happen.  You would have thought the Amtrak would have assigned a special representative to this special "kid" movement and would have had cell phone numbers of the parents and teachers to contact them in case of a late train or other problems.  But Amtark failed to do this and failed these kids who might have become future customers of Amtrak because of this trip. 

Date: 09/24/22 18:15

well amtrak is late eastbound every day this year but for about 20,  OTP arr there, teacher should have done her homework, UP delays it every day between elko and slc

Date: 09/24/22 19:31
Author: ProAmtrak

This sucks now they're at canceling trains because of how tight the equipment situation is (like that really is the case since they had the time to get things fixed up before going back daily 2 years ago) and now it's gonna be like this for who knows how long if a certain bad thing occurs! Today's Amtrak sure is a joke and that sucks!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.038 seconds