Home Open Account Help 288 users online

Passenger Trains > Pre-Turkey Turn 'N' Burn

Date: 11/19/22 21:41
Pre-Turkey Turn 'N' Burn
Author: walstib

The Patrick Henry cars did a quick turn 'n' burn at Seattle this weekend, coming in Friday night on number 14, and rolling out Saturday morning on number 11.

Number 14 was running about 45 minutes late when it pulled into Tacoma, where a southbound Sounder was waiting for its arrival in order to proceed.

Saturday morning I caught the varnish between Kent and Sumner, on the back of number 11. In retrospect, I wish I had chose a better spot for number 11, but it is what it is. 

We don't typically see a lot of varnish in Seattle at this time of the year, so the Patrick Henry cars were a nice, pre-turkey-day treat.

Date: 11/20/22 02:17
Re: Pre-Turkey Turn 'N' Burn
Author: amtrakbill

These private cars are spectacular and the host of the Patrick Henry is the same! Thanks for posting

Bill

Posted from iPhone

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/22 02:18 by amtrakbill.

Date: 11/20/22 12:53
Re: Pre-Turkey Turn 'N' Burn
Author: Jim700

I saw them yesterday afternoon from less than 50 feet away as they passed through Canby at 50 MPH between the Ivy Street and Elm Street crossings.  I was at the Canby Transit Center just minutes before my next departure northward to Oregon City and they sure looked great in the brilliant sunshine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/22 17:29 by Jim700.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0393 seconds