Home Open Account Help 250 users online

Passenger Trains > There will be no strike

Date: 12/01/22 12:46
There will be no strike
Author: lordsigma

They came to a deal to vote today. Bernie’s sick leave amendment was voted down. Vote isn’t done yet but over 69 have voted yes so far. There won’t be a strike.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/22 12:48 by lordsigma.

Date: 12/01/22 12:58
Re: There will be no strike
Author: joemvcnj

Could Sick Leave survive House/Senate conference ? 

Date: 12/01/22 13:07

joemvcnj Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Could Sick Leave survive House/Senate conference
> ? 
There won’t be a conference. Pelosi passed the sick leave as a separate resolution to avoid any back and forth - the base deal was a standalone resolution. The Senate essentially consented to the standalone resolution for the deal only as sent by the house so it’s going straight to Biden. This is the end.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/22 13:08 by lordsigma.

Date: 12/01/22 18:23
Author: Pacific5th

Oh good, as I have been sitting here 21 hours in the hotel I was woried about this. I'm not at all concerned I'll only have 14-15 hours at home or the fact I'm penilized for taking a day off sick when I have no set schedule or days off. Can't wait to go in a hole for a hour tonight for Amtrak if it's on time.

Date: 12/01/22 19:08
Author: PC1974

Pacific5th Wrote:
> Oh good, as I have been sitting here 21 hours in
> the hotel I was woried about this. I'm not at all
> concerned I'll only have 14-15 hours at home or
> the fact I'm penilized for taking a day off sick
> when I have no set schedule or days off. Can't
> wait to go in a hole for a hour tonight for Amtrak
> if it's on time.

Question I would be asking myself right now is: "Who really has your back?"

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/12/01/senate-votes-to-impose-rail-contract-rejects-measure-granting-workers-7-paid-sick-days/

Date: 12/01/22 22:56
Author: TAW

PC1974 Wrote:

> Question I would be asking myself right now is:
> "Who really has your back?"
>

None of them. They all work for the Donor Class. However, they keep asking us for money so we think we are participating.

TAW

Date: 12/02/22 04:19

Pacific5th Wrote:
> Oh good, as I have been sitting here 21 hours in
> the hotel I was woried about this. I'm not at all
> concerned I'll only have 14-15 hours at home or
> the fact I'm penilized for taking a day off sick
> when I have no set schedule or days off. Can't
> wait to go in a hole for a hour tonight for Amtrak
> if it's on time.

The vote unfortunately failed by just 8 votes. And there were a few senators that weren't there to vote or didn't vote - if they all had it probably would have brought it to just 5 short. I hope those angry about this will take note of who voted yes and who voted no for the 7 days and remember it the next election.

https://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_votes/vote1172/vote_117_2_00371.htm

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/22 04:19 by lordsigma.

Date: 12/02/22 07:14

TAW Wrote:
> None of them. They all work for the Donor Class. However, they keep asking us for money so we think we are participating.
>
> TAW

You hit the nail on the head. As a retiree, I got no skin in the game. I was taught as a kid to vote for the person not the party, that contradicted what my union wanted me to do.. Not sure it would fix anything, but it might create checks and balances??? I think things have changed, and finding a fit and honest candidate in any party is going to be a challenge. Jesus Wept

Date: 12/02/22 17:47
Author: ProAmtrak

If it did happen, the Christmas Rush would've been screwed over big time, but it loks like from what I read it's still not over yet!

Date: 12/02/22 19:50

ProAmtrak Wrote:
> If it did happen, the Christmas Rush would've been screwed over big time, but it loks like from what I read it's still not over yet!

So let's correct your comments. Expect for some LTL stuff on semi trailers on flat cars, there is no x-mas "rush" 3 weeks out from the 25th. It's already been moved by train and on shelves... And it is over, signed into law by Brandon this morning. OUT

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0458 seconds