Home Open Account Help 304 users online

Passenger Trains > Stark Winter Scenes

Date: 02/08/23 06:30
Stark Winter Scenes
Author: twjurgens

The woes for 6 continued through most of January but have improved noticably in February.  Still not on time but much closer to the scheduled times.

I liked these three of AMT 62 as sole power east of Waverly, NE on January 20.  We'd had a storm a couple of days ahead of  this and there was a light covering of ice on the trees.  That ice and the light covering of snow show off the stark winter scenes that can be found here.  

Date: 02/09/23 09:38
Re: Stark Winter Scenes
Author: OmahaTom

COOL! Great shots! It certainly is a "silver-lining" around here when the Zephyr is running late enough to catch or chase it in the daylight. With a 4:10 AM Lincoln, Nebraska scheduled departure, followed by a quick jaunt up the road to see only faintly hinted-at whisps of pre-dawn light in the sky above a 5:05 AM arrival into Omaha. I remember it used to be a somewhat rare occurance to catch either of the daily Zephyrs in anything other than than total darkness anywhere across the entire state of Nebraska. These days, it seems to be more likely to be multiple hours late than not.

Tom Loftus
Omaha, NE

Date: 02/09/23 14:12
Re: Stark Winter Scenes
Author: twjurgens

Thanks Tom!  I try to take advantage of the opportunities when they come up.  The train is still running late but only a couple of hours which still puts it thru here dark-thirty.

OmahaTom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> COOL! Great shots! It certainly is a
> "silver-lining" around here when the Zephyr is
> running late enough to catch or chase it in the
> daylight. With a 4:10 AM Lincoln, Nebraska
> scheduled departure, followed by a quick jaunt up
> the road to see only faintly hinted-at whisps of
> pre-dawn light in the sky above a 5:05 AM arrival
> into Omaha. I remember it used to be a somewhat
> rare occurance to catch either of the daily
> Zephyrs in anything other than than total darkness
> anywhere across the entire state of Nebraska.
> These days, it seems to be more likely to be
> multiple hours late than not.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0386 seconds