Home Open Account Help 218 users online

Passenger Trains > Second Hand Amfleets???

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

Date: 09/16/23 19:04
Second Hand Amfleets???
Author: emd_mrs1

A photo on Facebook shows several Amfleet coaches with a solid blue window band lettered for a new Mexican railroad.

How many other Amfleets have been sold secondhand?

Many thanks
Michael

Date: 09/16/23 19:09
Re: Second Hand Amfleets???
Author: dan

they were going to mexico along with a couple domes

Guess railexo also got a couple f59's from ltex going down there soon, hopefully pics will be shot in transit

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/23 22:54 by dan.

Date: 09/16/23 20:08
Author: ShortlinesUSA

Video of the test train in Mexico at multiple locations can be seen here--

https://youtu.be/j1VUnnCxSZQ?si=5oqEOuWPpgBx4f-M

Posted from Android

Date: 09/16/23 21:20
Author: railcity

ShortlinesUSA Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Video of the test train in Mexico at multiple
> locations can be seen here--
>
> https://youtu.be/j1VUnnCxSZQ?si=5oqEOuWPpgBx4f-M
>
> Posted from Android

A  Link??

Date: 09/16/23 23:23
Author: SCspotter

I'm assuming these belonged to Amtrak...? How in the world does Amtrak have any spare cars to sell off right now with how bad their equipment situation is? Unless I'm missing something here...

Date: 09/16/23 23:51
Author: CAmtrak

I am nearly speechless upon learning of this. This disgusts me beyond description. Boils my blood actually!!!!!!!!!

We can no longer ride in domes on the Capitol Limited, yet Mexico and everyone else enjoys rebuilt domes Amtrak gave away due to the dim witted management at Amtrak. How about using restored Amfleet and domes on the Capitol? No, we suffer with a 3 car stub to the nation's capitol of "the greatest country." There needs to be a detailed exposè about Amtrak's miserable mismanagement. See how well these fragile Venture cars hold up in 40 years. My goodness we are at the end.

Posted from Android

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/23 00:00 by CAmtrak.

Date: 09/17/23 01:18

Second passenger train tested on the Interoceanic Corridor Transisthmian Train of the Tehuantepec Isthmus, made a trip from Coatzacoalcos to Salina Cruz on September 14, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1VUnnCxSZQ

just hope these  amfleet domecars do not got blown up

controversey/ history

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interoceanic_Corridor_of_the_Isthmus_of_Tehuantepec

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/23 02:47 by dan.

Date: 09/17/23 03:07
Author: rdgrailfan

They have seemed to have taken crossing protection to a new level.....armed police appeared at crossings with long rifles and camo gear!
Must really control crossing runners.

Date: 09/17/23 03:18

well oppenents of the project have been murdered

odds of these budds making it out unscathed, vegas says

you really should read the wiki  link, but since not many will..............last couple paragraphs from wiki............On 4 July 2023, a Zapotec activist from Santa María Mixtequilla, Noel López Gallegos, was found dead by the local police in the municipality 24 hours after being reported as missing. The cause of his death was apparently an inflicted head injury. Prior to his death, López Gallegos and his brother had questioned the payment of 130 million pesos which the community received in exchange for the land, both of them claiming that it should be distributed among all four thousand inhabitants of the municipality, to the discomfort of the local comuneros since, as he claimed, the payment only benefited them and their offspring. His death sparked outrage, with the Union of Communities of the Northern Zone of the Isthmus of Tehuantepec (Ucizoni) condemning the murder and blaming it as a result of "how the imposition of a megaproject breaks the community fabric" since he was a member of a peaceful civil resistance group which questioned the development of the Corridor.[70] As of July 12, little information is known regarding this case, other than that the police arrested a man in relation to his disappearance two days after the body was found. Acts of violence like such have worried various Indigenous communities in the Isthmus.[71]In late July, 23 civil society organizations registered, after three days of investigation, various violations to human rights in the Isthmus region related to the construction of the Corridor, such as intimidation from members of the Mexican National Guard to members of the Community Assembly and people who showed resistance to the project in Santa María Mixtequilla, illegal occupation of lands, dispossessions and acts of physical aggression against comuneros and comuneras in the town of Santa Cruz Tagolaba, in Tehuantepec, among other violations in other sites committed by the National Guard, the Armed Forces, the state police and other authorities, businesses and armed groups.[72] The organizations reported at least 21 cases of intimidation and threats against community defenders or their families, 11 acts of physical and phychological violence, three homicides between October 2022 and July 2023, and other cases of human rights being violated in various parts of the Isthmus.[73]

the region can benefit, the world/us/mexico /china can all benefit

wish this can be done the right way, win win but some are all ready losing their lives...i suspect

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/23 03:23 by dan.

Date: 09/17/23 03:54
Author: jp1822

https://www.alstom.com/mayan-train-project

Well, there's also the Mayan Train project - with different service classes, onboard meals, and BRAND NEW coaches, sleepers, diners, and lounge cars. Being built by an Alstom consortium. But I guess we still continue to get brainwashed that Sieman's is the only way for the United States? I say that rhetorically and tongue and cheek. From the link above:

The Mayan Train will have three types of trains: 
  • Xiinbal (walking): standard regular service train that will allow passengers to enjoy a journey with large panoramic windows.   
  • Janal (eating): a restaurant car, with a design inspired by the work of engineer and architect Luis Barragán; it has comfortable spaces designed to enjoy regional cuisine.
  • P'atal (staying): train for long distances, with comfortable cabins, day and night, that will make the trips a unique experience.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/23 03:56 by jp1822.

Date: 09/17/23 04:15
Author: joemvcnj

These cars were sold a few years ago and off the roster. Why did Anderson sell run-able Amfleet cars ?
Thinking he would kill 10 LD trains as he said his goal was and back fill corridor trains ? As is it, there are far more Amfleet-2 coaches on corridor trains than in 2019. 

More malfeasance by the Amtrak Board and management.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/23 04:26 by joemvcnj.

Date: 09/17/23 04:49

in the wiki article the preisidente is talking more passenger service, and said that it was a mistake to get rid of the service that happened with privitization, but of course almost everything got scrapped on purpose to help thwart it ever bben used, was it senor anderson? , flying down there on aero mexico dc-9? in the 1990's?

Date: 09/17/23 05:10
Author: DavidP

Is that dome from the former PAR exec train?  Looks to be from the mid-50s North Coast Limited or Empire Builder equipment pools.

Dave

Date: 09/17/23 05:58
Author: amtrakbill

It won't be long to see our disabled Superliners running in Mexico  

Date: 09/17/23 07:45
Author: RRBMail

was it senor anderson? , flying
> down there on aero mexico dc-9? in the 1990's?

Of course in his plush DC-9 toilet office as he has often been seen on the net. I don't know which is more corrupt, Amtrak or the LA METRO Board of Directors three of whm are now awaiting prison for bribes and other corruption. Has any Amtrak management gone to prison?

Date: 09/17/23 08:04

DavidP Wrote:
> Is that dome from the former PAR exec train?
>  Looks to be from the mid-50s North Coast Limited
> or Empire Builder equipment pools.
>
> Dave

two ncl domes, stampded pass pv, not amtrak certified, and the one that tom McCann had for awhile, the observatory

Date: 09/17/23 08:11
Author: longliveSP

To all the jump-to-conclusion innuendo posting backseat quarterbacks, the information I have gathered points to 2 Amfleet-1 coaches and 1 Amfleet-1 Cafe sold to RailExco in 2020 and appear to be the ONLY Amfleet cars that have been sold intact. Further, it appears that the 3 car test trains in Mexico are actually cars either leased or bought from RailExco, not from Amtrak.

Date: 09/17/23 08:12
Author: longliveSP

CAmtrak Wrote:
> I am nearly speechless upon learning of this.
> This disgusts me beyond description. Boils my
> blood actually!!!!!!!!!

I know right? How dare someone blindly react to something seen on social media without bothering to check actual facts.

Date: 09/17/23 08:18

railexo are sending them 12 cars they said two domes we know of plus those amfleets. you figure a couple power cars?

remember amtrak had all those idle amfleets

someone suggested they be used for hurricane evacuations?

Date: 09/17/23 09:42
Author: PC1974

This report is "outstanding"!

This fits the Amtrak narrative to a T. This is the textbook definition of White Collar Crime.

With lead in the pipes of the new cars and these Amfleet's now south of the border, I can really say it... DON'T DRINK THE WATER...

Going to make Steak Fajitas for a my big Sunday brunch. Got a nice piece of beef filet for this one! Chow

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1073 seconds