Home Open Account Help 319 users online

Passenger Trains > Amtrak and the year 2019

Date: 07/22/05 15:24
Amtrak and the year 2019
Author: FallinFlag

just went to see THE ISLAND. great action flix set in the year 2019. it has a lot of futuristic train scenes in the movie including an las vegas-to-LA amtrak mag-lev train. it also has a shot of a superliner & F59PHI #450 in it. but the best scene in the movie is a chase scene involving a truck load amfleet wheels. good foamer movie.

Date: 07/22/05 15:50
Re: Amtrak and the year 2019
Author: F59PHI450

Hey, I'm a movie star and didn't even know it! When do I get my star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame?
-F59PHI450

Date: 07/22/05 16:22
Author: stone23

F59PHI450 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey, I'm a movie star and didn't even know it!
> When do I get my star on the Hollywood Walk of
> Fame?
> -F59PHI450

You have to live in La-La Land, not just in the same state!

Date: 07/22/05 21:21
Author: barrydraper

La-La-Land is a state, its a state of mind! Even the Governor is a movie star! ....and you will need a $15,000 "contribution" to the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce before you get a Star.

Date: 07/23/05 10:59
Author: robertsdavid

An Amtrak train is also feature in "War of the Worlds." I was watching the movie with my wife in Albuquerque (she says I owe her 5 chick-flicks for making her sit through it) and in one scene, Tom Cruise pauses at a crossing to watch an Amtrak train speed by completely engulfed in flames. Since we were to board the Southwest Chief right after the movie back to LA (7/17), we were wondering if the film was trying to tell us something. In fact, during the trip, the HEP cut out somewhere around Kingman, which did make the the cabin feel like it was in flames before they finally got the AC running again at Needles.

Date: 07/23/05 18:25
Author: DanV

The question is: Where any of these trains running late on those movies?

Date: 07/24/05 08:59
Author: lilchico

I saw War of the Worlds, too. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but that "flaming train" was an F59 with double.decker cars. Last I remember they couldn't use the high level cars in that area due to the tunnel heights under NYC. I think that was a statement about Amtrak. Going down in flames and no one control.

Amtrak in 2019? Can you say Connex?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0451 seconds