Home Open Account Help 337 users online

Railfan Trip Reports > Bucyrus and Greenwich Ohio - July 7, 10, 12 and 13

Date: 07/21/07 09:57
Bucyrus and Greenwich Ohio - July 7, 10, 12 and 13
Author: btheaker

It was a pleasure to be back in my old stomping grounds for a few days, and even more of a pleasure to get out and do some train-watching.

A highlight was being inside the T&OC depot undergoing restoration in Bucyrus, Ohio, on Saturday morning, July 7. I also spent a few hours trackside at the depot the next Friday morning and caught a few NS trains.

A short side trip to Greenwich yielded CSX and W&LE trains in short order.

Picture 1 - the T&OC depot at Bucyrus.

Picture 2 - The restored stained glass window in the T&OC depot. This picture is a mirror of the original image; the window reads properly from outside the depot.

Picture 3 - An eastbound W&LE train at the depot. Apparently this short train goes through Bucyrus about 11 AM every Saturday.

Date: 07/21/07 09:59
Re: Bucyrus and Greenwich Ohio - July 7, 10, 12 and 13

Picture 4 - a southbound NS train passes the T&OC depot.

Picture 5 - A northbound NS train turns east towards Crestline just south of the depot.

Picture 6 - An eastbound CSX train at Greenwich.

Date: 07/21/07 10:00

Picture 7 - a westbound W&LE train with Ohio Bicentennial #200.

Date: 07/28/07 08:03
Author: trn75

Great pictures. Did you have any problems with the Bucyrus cops? We were chased out when we were at the depot. Guess the neighbors don't like railfans cause as the cops told us to leave, 2 of the local meth heads were walking in gauge on the ex PRR line.LOL

Date: 08/11/07 10:27

I didn't have any problems. In fact, when I toured the depot, the gentleman leading the tour encouraged me to come back later and spend some time trackside at the depot. He said it was a well-known and well-used spot for watching trains. I spent three hours there the next Friday morning. I remember the Bucyrus police driving by while was there but paying me no attention whatsoever.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0339 seconds