Home Open Account Help 330 users online

International Railroad Discussion > Spain: North to South, Trains and Trams

Date: 07/26/17 20:03
Spain: North to South, Trains and Trams
Author: eastpenn23

I'm back in the States from a ten day tour of Spain. It was a great trip and a great country, and while I was there as a tourist, I couldn't resist capturing the trains I saw throughout my time there. Although, I only captured these images with my phone. But first, I was very impressed by Spain's bullet train system. I rode the line from Madrid to Barcelona in 2.5 hours. What impressed me the most was that the line is less than a decade old. IMO something like that could never be pulled off in America because of complaints about paying for it, building through properties, etc. Spain, and Europe in general, just seems to get things done fast. In Barcelona, I was surprised to see the trams run straight through grass patches. It looked pretty, but I had never seen it done before. The metro in all the cities I visited was also impressive, but I didn't get any photos. Enjoy.

1 - A rail bridge east of Seville. Looked new, clean, and impressive. I liked the sleek design and the minimalistic touch it had in the countryside. Photo taken from a moving bus.
2 - Sun shines on a bullet train preparing to depart from Madrid. (Siemens S103 set?)
3 - Two trams at the end of the line near the Barcelona beach

Video of a moving tram will be in the replies.

Date: 07/26/17 20:05
Re: Spain: North to South, Trains and Trams
Author: eastpenn23

Video of a tram moving along the University of Barcelona

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 07/27/17 16:29
Author: tomstp

Did you see the sign "Salida" Sure is a long way from Colorado !

Date: 07/27/17 17:36
Author: PHall

tomstp Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Did you see the sign "Salida" Sure is a long way
> from Colorado !

Salida is Exit is Spanish.

Date: 07/28/17 00:57
Author: bakersfielddave

did you go over the line that they filmed the final scenes of the 1965 film Von Ryans Express near Caminito Del Rey?

the majority of the film was made in Italy

including the scenes going across the stone viaduct and the tunnels that line is still in use and runs from Belluno to Calalzo in north eastern Italy the alpine scenery was the Dolomites not the Alps

the girder bridge where the rocks were blown onto the decking was in spain

if you look closely at the loco in this scene it is a RENFE broad gauge loco the buffers are square the Italian locos had round buffers

Date: 07/28/17 11:01
Author: reindeerflame

Yes, a few years ago we took the direct AVE HSR train from Seville to Barcelona, which bypasses Madrid. Took just over 5 hours for the approximately 700 miles.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0494 seconds