Home Open Account Help 293 users online

International Railroad Discussion > Mexico City Transit report after earthquake

Date: 09/25/17 13:54
Mexico City Transit report after earthquake
Author: mundo

This was posted today on the Yahoo MEX LIST, from a transit fan in Mexico City:.

Hello There, Right after the noon quake, Metro stopped all lines fror a brief inspection of all lines, then kept working, however last two stations at Los Reyes remained closed the following days, also Tlahuac Zone six elevated stations remained closed due to visible cracks. No major damages NE of Mexico city near Rwy yards, Suburbano also stopped briefly for safety inspections. At my beloved Transportes Eléctricos, no damages per se, it kept operating from Xochimilco to Estadio Azteca but so far remains closed because of several collapses nearby, mainly at Ciudad Jardín where they fear Trains vibration, line of collapses continued all along Calzada de Tlalpan, caused some damages to bridges used by Eje7 Sur Trolleybuses, Many collapses in this Vicinity, same at Eje Central line and the Chapultepec to Tlalpan section.

Near the Epicenter, the Jojutla FCI abandoned station collapsed, no damages reported to NG steamer 279 and Cuautla Depot, I live near Popotla Metro Station, felt the strong shake as if my house was derailing but no cracks in my neighborhood, Quake next Saturday morning was much less violent but the day after Los Angeles Church cupola collapsed at nearby Colonia Guerrero where many buildings only show severe cracks

Trolley Yours:
Héctor Lara Hernández

Date: 09/26/17 11:30
Re: Mexico City Transit report after earthquake
Author: MEKoch

Thanks Hector. It sounds as if the reaction of the railroads is sensible.
If the government were involved it would be two weeks "inspecting" every bolt and nut...

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.035 seconds