Home Open Account Help 240 users online

International Railroad Discussion > Helsinki to Vladivostok-Part 38

Date: 02/07/18 18:43
Helsinki to Vladivostok-Part 38
Author: CNStratford

Picture 1 - Although we did not eat every meal in the dining car, we ate there often enough to become friendly with the dining car crew. The lady manager had been to university and spoke a bit of English. She was kind enough to teach us how to say such things as "The food was really tasty." On her right is the cook who worked on a coal-fired range. On her left is her brother who was the always pleasant waiter.
Picture 2 - I love steam engines. Between 1967 and 1970 I travelled around the world chasing the end of steam. Now mostly it is enjoying well-looked after plinthed locomotives.
Picture 3 - A different type 2-10-0 at a junction.

Really appreciate all the comments. I started doing this set for Trainorders because I had been so busy with my other life that I had not even looked at the Russian pictures. Putting a few on Trainorders seemed liked a good way to remember a memorable trip. But fear not, because of a winter snow storm, I stayed in tonight and photoshopped pictures right up to Part 50.

Date: 02/07/18 19:37
Re: Helsinki to Vladivostok-Part 38
Author: jcaestecker

Thanks very much for posting the highlights of your trip. You are quite the intrepid traveler. I have rarely visited the International page until recently. Now I will do so daily.

Cheers,

-John

Date: 02/07/18 19:55
Author: krm152

Always good to see and hear the human side of the story.
Have definitely enjoyed all of your postings.
Certainly good to know more are in the offing.
ALLEN

Date: 02/08/18 11:13
Author: cabsignaldrop

I have greatly enjoyed your postings these past few weeks. Thanks for taking us along for the ride. I too also enjoy the human touch showing passengers and crew going about the daily routine.

Posted from Android

Date: 02/22/18 07:28
Author: cota1992

I love the diner crew shot, best of the series so far. Thanks for taking us with you.

Art Reid
Brunswick, MD
Art's Photo Squirrel Flickr pages

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0328 seconds