Home Open Account Help 289 users online

International Railroad Discussion > Railfan killed near Vale tracks (Brazil)

Date: 06/24/18 16:21
Railfan killed near Vale tracks (Brazil)
Author: pedrop

Alex Rossi, one of the most important and known railfans in Brazil, was killed this week in Colatina, ES. He was disappeared since June 20 when he left home to go to a drugstore. Today morning friends found his body at the side of Vale tracks near a tunnel at Housing 22. The police said he was killed by bandits and the body abandoned inside the troughs of fluvial waters along the Vale tracks.
Alex Rossi produced many movie titles to railfans. His collection of filming is very important to the brazilian railway memory. His death can be an alert to everybody to never go alone to isolated places. We never know who we will meet in such locations. It is important to use the cell phone to send the location we are to friends and family. If something strange happen to us, at least they can know where to start to look for us.
Alex will be always remembered as a pioner in the professional railroad movie filming in Brazil.

Posted from Android

Pedro Rezende
Vespasiano MG,

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/18 16:48 by pedrop.

Date: 06/24/18 16:52
Re: Railfan killed near Vale tracks (Brazil)
Author: DKay

Sad news Pedro.Hanging around the railroad's can be a dangerous passtime,regardless of the country.RIP
Regards,DK

Date: 06/24/18 18:14

The news

https://www.gazetaonline.com.br/noticias/norte/2018/06/corpo-de-homem-desaparecido-e-encontrado-em-valeta-em-colatina-1014137068.html

Posted from Android

Pedro Rezende
Vespasiano MG,
https://youtube.com/c/minasgeraisrailways1

Date: 06/25/18 01:00
Author: cabsignaldrop

My respect and condolences to his family. Don't know the man personally but we can relate. Hate to hear this kind of news.

Posted from Android

Date: 06/26/18 15:23

The police arrested the criminal today. It was not a common assalt. The criminal was a drug user that went with him to the tracks. The security cameras along the way showed they walking together to that area. Alex was killed with stones and the criminal stole everything, including his clothes.
A sad end to a guy like him

Posted from Android

Pedro Rezende
Vespasiano MG,
https://youtube.com/c/minasgeraisrailways1

Date: 06/26/18 15:34
Author: dan

sorry Pedro

Date: 06/27/18 12:51
Author: tomstp

Glad they got that murderer.

Date: 06/29/18 15:40
Author: DFWJIM

That is a very sad story and I am sorry for what happened to your friend. My wife's parents live in Campinas, SP so we go down to Brazil once a year to visit them so I understand how dangerous things are down there.

Date: 07/08/18 10:18
Author: DWBrown

Pedro,

Sorry to hear of this incident and tragidy. It goes to show that us Norte Americanos can usually go trackside and take photos with litlle or no problems. I live in Lima, Peru part time since my Wife is Peruvian by birth and now a US Citizen. I would love to do more railfanning here in Peru, however we do not own a car here in Peru and Buses are out of the question. Hiring a taxi could be expensive and needs to be a reliable person. So it isn't alway, I hear train and run trackside (only one track on Central Peru) to Callao, Peru near our house here in Lima. Track is one mile away and they usually run at night to avoid traffic which is horrible here in a City of 12-13 million in the metropolitian area. 

However drug users are menace to people because their moral compass is off center. We read on the news here of this problem alot in Peru. No different than North America, except closer to the source. 

BTW i visited Brazil on tour in 2002 to ride trains and see steam.

Dale Brown

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0472 seconds