Home Open Account Help 267 users online

International Railroad Discussion > Ferromex has another head on collision

Date: 09/09/18 20:12
Ferromex has another head on collision
Author: bradleymckay

During the early afternood of September 7 a northbound empty grain train hit a standing empty auto rack head on in the northern Mexican state of Zacatecas, not far from the town of Camacho.  The head on was at a siding, with the empty auto rack train holding the main line.  The northbound empty grain train was to go into the siding but they did not stop to take the siding.  Rumors are the conductor of the northbound grain empty, who would have copied the track warrant, fled the scene and has not been located.  Other railroaders involved were injured but will be OK.

This is the second head on in recent months, where it is believed an incorrectly copied track warrant had led to a head on collision.

Allen

Date: 09/09/18 20:33
Re: Ferromex has another head on collision
Author: mundo

And today they had a washout near Torreon. figure 18-24 hr to get track back into service.

Date: 09/10/18 12:43
Author: tomstp

The train stopped on the main line for the meet should have thrown the switch into the siding in front of it.    Yes, I know ":not my yob! "

Date: 09/11/18 09:59
Author: TAW

tomstp Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The train stopped on the main line for the meet
> should have thrown the switch into the siding in
> front of it.    Yes, I know ":not my yob! "

...or it was a headlighter and there was no time to get to the switch, or the guy at the switch did have it lined but was standing too close and had second thoughts about whether he threw the switch.

TAW

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/18 10:00 by TAW.

Date: 09/12/18 07:52
Author: tomstp

Yes a headon,   in  far west Texas on the T&P at night because he head brakeman forgot he had already thrown the switch and did it again, only that lined the track for a "head on".

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0365 seconds