Home Open Account Help 218 users online

International Railroad Discussion > Egyptian sleeper train ride

Date: 01/31/19 07:00
Egyptian sleeper train ride
Author: cph

[...]
This past December, while visiting Egypt, I found out an overnight sleeper train managed by rail company Ernst Watania seemed to be the most cost-efficient — if not time-efficient — way to get from Cairo to Egypt's southern border where many of its greatest archeological sites reside.
[...]

https://www.businessinsider.com/overnight-sleeper-first-class-train-egypt-2019-1

Date: 01/31/19 07:34
Re: Egyptian sleeper train ride
Author: andersonb109

Looks like a fun experience. The equipment looks to be on par with eastern European sleepers I have ridden. 

Date: 01/31/19 17:11
Author: zfan

Loved your detailed description of this trip.  You're braver than I am.  I agree with your assessment of taking a nostalgic train trip over other forms of transportation.  Definitely in a sleeper though!!!

Date: 02/02/19 13:46
Author: Milepost_130

Interesting story.  Thanks for sharing. About 30 years ago, on our first trip to Egypt, with only a day's advance notice, my wife and I tried briefly to arrange transport via an overnight train from Cairo to Aswan.  We were told all trains were fully booked.  Instead, we flew from Cairo to Aswan.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0333 seconds