Home Open Account Help 319 users online

International Railroad Discussion > Night and Buscarril Talca Chile April 14 2019

Date: 05/20/19 18:15
Night and Buscarril Talca Chile April 14 2019
Author: erielackawanna

With plans to scout a bit in preperation for our ride the next day, we arrived at Talca station about thirty minutes before the 22002 buscarril was due. While the next day's ride would end up not happening (I'll get to that when I get to those pictures), we did get a good lay of the land that night. The Talca station sees a couple electric MU long distance trains a day running between Santiago and Chillan. It also sees some freight, although we didn't see a daylight train (well an early morning one, again, will tell more when I get to those shots). Knowing how neglected so many Amshaks are these days in the USA with far greater frequency, this was quite a beautiful station for four long distance and two buscarril trains a day (well two departures and two arrivals, so four of those too).

Image one is the station facade just after we arrived.

Image two is the ticket counter.

Image three is the arrive Buscarril (a weird cross between an interurban and a school bus from the 1960s).

Date: 05/20/19 18:16
Re: Night and Buscarril Talca Chile April 14 2019

Images four to six are some looks at the now parked Buscarril.

Date: 05/20/19 18:18

Image seven is the huge trainshed.

Image eight is a log car (on a cut of loaded log cars waiting in the station - this was gone the next morning so clearly it ran somewhere).

Image nine is actually a video of the idling Buscarril.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 05/20/19 21:05
Author: CM80-46

Very interesting operation. Interesting tree load on the flatcars. Well lit station, new LEDs?

CM80.46

Date: 05/21/19 12:48
Author: retcsxcfm

Knowing how neglected
> so many Amshaks are these days in the USA with far
> greater frequency, this was quite a beautiful
> station for four long distance and two buscarril
> trains a day (well two departures and two
> arrivals, so four of those too).

We all know that Amtrash cannot compete with
foreign passenger service.

Uncle Joe
Seffner,Fl.

Date: 05/22/19 02:16
Author: Hartington

I was there in 2013 (I think) and there had been an earthquake a few years before. The station building and the concrete cover over the tracks were roped off. The ticket office was a temporary (but quite substantial) building to the right of the (then) unusable building you're showing. All the trains, of both gauges, were boarded out in the open. They seem to have done a great job of rebuilding.

My abiding memory of Talca is not railway related. We found a coffee shop and ordered a latte. What arrived was in a glass mug with coffee and milk in different layers (so far so good) topped with whipped cream from a can, sweet biscuit pieces and a straw to drink it with. It didn't seem to matter whether I ordered latte or cappuchino in Chile I never quite got what I expected but this one was above and beyond.

Date: 05/22/19 10:32
Author: 86235

My memory of coffee in hotels in Chile is being given a jar of Nescafé, and a tin of evaporated milk!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0769 seconds