Home Open Account Help 136 users online

International Railroad Discussion > Ferromex and KCSM tracks now blocked...


Date: 08/09/19 05:08
Ferromex and KCSM tracks now blocked...
Author: bradleymckay

at several different locations in Mexico by members of an agricultural union. Apparently this started yesterday. The protests have something to do with Mexico granting work permits to recently arrived Central Americans. The protests may spread to ports and major highways...

Allen

Posted from Android



Date: 08/09/19 10:30
Re: Ferromex and KCSM tracks now blocked...
Author: utwazoo

bradleymckay Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> at several different locations in Mexico by
> members of an agricultural union. Apparently this
> started yesterday. The protests have something to
> do with Mexico granting work permits to recently
> arrived Central Americans. The protests may
> spread to ports and major highways...
>
> Allen
>
> Posted from Android

Time to Make Mexico Great Again



Date: 08/09/19 10:47
Re: Ferromex and KCSM tracks now blocked...
Author: ATSF3751

utwazoo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> bradleymckay Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > at several different locations in Mexico by
> > members of an agricultural union. Apparently
> this
> > started yesterday. The protests have something
> to
> > do with Mexico granting work permits to
> recently
> > arrived Central Americans. The protests may
> > spread to ports and major highways...
> >
> > Allen
> >
> > Posted from Android
>
> Time to Make Mexico Great Again

Not working too well here. I'm sure that is not lost of the folks south of our Border. 



Date: 08/09/19 11:05
Re: Ferromex and KCSM tracks now blocked...
Author: mundo

AS posted Aug 8 by MEXLIST:

ED
Today, a Mexican farmers' union blockaded Ferromex tracks at Las Delicias and at Jiménez in the state of Chihuahua.  Both locations are between Ciudad Juárez and Torreón. Similarly, the same organization has blockaded KCSM tracks on both the Acámbaro and Caltzontzin Districts on the line between Querétaro and Lázaro Cárdenas. Rail traffic is stopped on both lines.  The same union blockaded Ferromex in the same general areas for over a month approximately one year ago.  It now says that it has plans to blockade highways and seaports throughout Mexico.  According to banners displayed at the rail blockages, the union opposes the Mexican government's giving asylum, benefits, and employment permits to Central Americans.  The union believes that such benefits and employment should be reserved for Mexican nationals. Lowell G. McManusEagle Pass, Texas, USA



Date: 08/09/19 11:33
Re: Ferromex and KCSM tracks now blocked...
Author: CA_Sou_MA_Agent

Lowell McManus Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> According to banners displayed at the rail blockages, the union opposes the Mexican government's giving asylum, benefits, and employment permits to Central Americans.  The union believes that such benefits and employment should be reserved for Mexican nationals. 


What a radical concept.  Funny how a lot of unions here in the USA take a position that is 180 degrees opposite of this.  As long as they get their union dues, they couldn't care less whether the job goes to a U.S. citizen.   



Date: 08/11/19 12:20
Re: Ferromex and KCSM tracks now blocked...
Author: cchan006

CA_Sou_MA_Agent Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What a radical concept.  Funny how a lot of
> unions here in the USA take a position that is 180
> degrees opposite of this.  As long as they get
> their union dues, they couldn't care less whether
> the job goes to a U.S. citizen.

I hinted at an example of union members being subverted on their new contract several months ago, where the organization was catering to Big Tech instead. Big Tech tend to be globalist, a statement only a few here on TO might understand.

Obviously, no one here did research to dig deeper (it obviously won't be mentioned in the Wall St. Journal), but I've talked to different people working for that organization before and after I made that comment and my claim still stands.

Good for the Mexican unions to fight for their workers, whether their efforts will suceed or not.



Date: 08/11/19 17:12
Re: Ferromex and KCSM tracks now blocked...
Author: mundo

Tracks are open again.



Date: 08/12/19 12:52
Re: Ferromex and KCSM tracks now blocked...
Author: Lackawanna484

cchan006 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> CA_Sou_MA_Agent Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > What a radical concept.  Funny how a lot of
> > unions here in the USA take a position that is
> 180
> > degrees opposite of this.  As long as they get
> > their union dues, they couldn't care less
> whether
> > the job goes to a U.S. citizen.
>
> I hinted at an example of union members being
> subverted on their new contract several months
> ago, where the organization was catering to Big
> Tech instead. Big Tech tend to be globalist, a
> statement only a few here on TO might understand.
>
> Obviously, no one here did research to dig deeper
> (it obviously won't be mentioned in the Wall St.
> Journal), but I've talked to different people
> working for that organization before and after I
> made that comment and my claim still stands.
>
> Good for the Mexican unions to fight for their
> workers, whether their efforts will suceed or not.

Some US unions are actually trying to organize janitors, hotel workers, farm hands, and other often over looked folks.

In some ways it echoes the 1930s, when a few US unions attempted to organize entire industries.  Rather than protect the interests of specialized and often better paid craft employees.  Mass unions like the Steel Workers, Auto Workers, Rubber Workers which trace ancestry to the Mine Workers.



Date: 08/13/19 01:49
Re: Ferromex and KCSM tracks now blocked...
Author: CA_Sou_MA_Agent

California unions . . . have a long history of resisting workplace immigration enforcement. "We are training our members on the ground,” explains Anand Singh, president of UNITE HERE Local 2 in San Francisco.

SOURCE:  https://prospect.org/article/how-unions-help-immigrants-resist-deportations

Basically, unions are aiding and abetting many of their illegal alien members as those members engage in illegal activity, i.e., being in the country illegally.

Back in the 1960s, union organizer Caesar Chavez vehemently opposed illegal immigration because a constant influx of illegal alien labor furnished unscrupulous employers with a never-ending supply of workers who were willing to work for exploitable wage rates, thereby undercutting and sabotaging his collective bargaining efforts. Ever heard of the word "scab"?

It is truly amazing that U.S. unions are now so thoroughly confused over a basic concept that union organizer Caesar Chavez so fully understood.

https://youtu.be/qUU2iWxrH2M



[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0597 seconds